ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone sent in a job offer asking for urgent treatment?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drewchad

Has anyone sent in a job offer asking for urgent treatment?

Post by drewchad » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:55 pm

I faxed through a job offer on the 25th of November, my original application was sent on the 7th of October, I'm still waiting to hear back, is anyone else in this situation??

How long do you think I should wait before chasing this up?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:03 pm

You should follow it up right away. Call them up and ask them if they acknowledge the fax and if they will place your application on the urgent queue

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:39 pm

Received the following email today:

"I can confirm that your case is being treated as urgent, you should
expect a decision on your application by the end of the week."

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:50 pm

Good luck with your application drewchad :) Now its a matter of a week or two for you

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:57 pm

I sent in my application on 14 September and fax a job offer on 3 December. Does it mean that I will get the approval also quickly.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:10 pm

Follow up you fax by calling them up. They will confirm weather or not your application has been moved to the urgent queue. If it has then you may not have to wait for long for a decision.

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:54 pm

Many thanks for your response.

I got a confirmation email as following

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your request for urgent treatment.

Please note that cases approved for urgent treatment are worked in order of
the date the application was received, NOT by the date by which a decision
has been requested. As such, processing times for urgent applications are
dependent on the number of requests received and an accurate processing time
can not be given.

Does it mean they have put me in the urgent queue, or should I still phone them to chase them? I find the phone line is really busy and cannot get through after a long time persistent attempt.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:57 pm

Looks like your request have been recieved and accepted but they will not commit to when your application will be processed. There maybe people who have submitted application before you have and if they have faxed their job offers then their request will precede yours. Give it a couple of weeks. Thats what most people on the forum have indicated as the processing time.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:57 pm

They sent me the same email on the 26th of November.

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:03 pm

So in theory, I should be treated before you, drewchad, am I right? Then I can hope my case will be decided within one or two weeks.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:30 pm

I'm taking the second email I received as being confirmation it has actually been allocated to a case worker. But if both urgent applications were sent on the same day I imagine yours would be given priority. I think it should only take at the maximum a week or so for yours to be allocated though.

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:37 pm

Thank you very much. That gives me peace of mind as my new employer requests me to work from mid January 2005.

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:40 pm

btw, drewchad

Do you get the second confirmation email by asking them, or as a procedure they will send you as a notification? many thanks

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:40 pm

staines,

Are you an incountry applicant or overseas. The FLR applications also normally take 13 weeks and that might be an issue for you. On the other hand an EC for an overseas applicant takes a lot lesser time.

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:02 pm

I am an incountry applicant. How long does an EC take? If I have a job offer, can I request FLR being treated urgently as well?

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:03 pm

They just sent me the email, I didn't chase it up further. From other posts I figured the processing time was max 2 weeks, so I was going to leave it that long at least, especially seeing my original application was only just over 6 weeks old, so I would have been at the very bottom of the urgent pile.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:25 pm

staines wrote:I am an incountry applicant. How long does an EC take? If I have a job offer, can I request FLR being treated urgently as well?
As an in country applicant you cannot go overseas to your home country and obtain an EC. You have to file for FLR. Under your circumstances you can fax them the Urgent Treatment form and they will respond to match your deadline. In my case, they responded in 48 hours.

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:27 pm

mwazir

I know you just got the FLR application returned by asking for urgent treatment. Do you think what are the chances of mine to get handled quickly if i get my HSMP approval? I got a very good job which I like very much and don't want to lose it.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:33 pm

staines,

In my opinion your reasons are stronger than mine. You have a concreate job offer in hand and a starting date. I am sure the HO will treat your case on an urgent basis. Has your prospective employer given you the start date as the mid of Jan in the offer of employment? If not, obtain such a document from them and fax that along with the urgent treatment form.

Best of luck

staines
Newly Registered

Post by staines » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:03 pm

yes, they want me to start from 18 Jan although that is flexible. Thank you very much for your information.