ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fresh application & judicial review

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anammahmud

Fresh application & judicial review

Post by anammahmud » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:27 pm

Dear All,
My long residence application was refused and then hearing at first tier tribunal also refused. After then permission to appeal also refused by first tier tribunal. At present as last resort I have applied directly to upper court for permission to appeal. If they refuse my appeal right will be exhausted which means my SEC 3C leave will be broken.
If I do not get permission to appeal from upper court then i need to know if it is allowed to lodge a fresh application to home office again on the basis of long residence status. In that case will I be a over stayer? Other possibility, if I apply for judicial review, then my sec 3c right will continue or not? Please advise me if possible.

sodonm

Re: Fresh application & judicial review

Post by sodonm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:42 pm

what was the reason for your refusals?

anammahmud

Post by anammahmud » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Dear,

I went croydon HO on Oct 2008 to extend visa but they did not take interview and asked to give sponsors money receipt. I came back and sent by post after 5 months. Eventually they granted visa and then few more occasion I had extensions without any trouble. But on ILR application they refused saying that i was over stayer on that period of 2008.

sodonm

Post by sodonm » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:08 pm

section 3c does not continue with Judicial review, you will become an overstayer in that case. Unless you think you have somthing to show that you were not an overstayer you shoud not go for it , judges are also not accepting new evidances sometimes, it will be a waste of your money and time i think. If they are refusing you for overstaying in 2008 and you could not prove that you have not overstayed, i would advise you better extend your visa on to another category until you complete full 10 years then apply again for ILR.

anammahmud

Post by anammahmud » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:57 am

Thanks for your advise. Well can I lodge a fresh application on long residence status again? If I am able to what consequence I might face?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:05 am

You may apply for SET(LR) under long residence again when you haven't overstayed for longer than 28 days at any one time during the preceding 10 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

anammahmud

Post by anammahmud » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:19 am

Thanks for suggestion but I am bit confused. For instance, at present I have applied directly to upper tier court for permission to appeal. If they refuse can I make a fresh application on long residence basis application again within 28 days. However, will they accept it because my circumstance has not changed. Because according to HO records still 3.5 years to go to make that 10 years. What consequences may arise please advise. Please note, basically I need few months to stay legal as I may arrange a tier 2 soon.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:38 am

If SET(LR) has problems, then suggest you go for Tier 2 (General).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.