ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we have both Tier2 ICT and Tier 2 General?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SProgrammer
Newly Registered

Can we have both Tier2 ICT and Tier 2 General?

Post by SProgrammer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi Manci and all,

I am in a very wierd situation. I got a tier2 general visa approved with start date in November . However now current company is willign to sponser Tier 2 ICT. Though tier 2 general is better than tier2 ICT,my spouse will be easily able to get a job near my current organisation UK office but this may not be the case with the new company UK location.
My question is ,
am I allowed to apply for ICT when I already have the stamp of tier2 general visa?
if I do go ahead with the ICT, do I have to cancel the tier2 general visa first?
what will be the implication of the Tier2 visa stamp that is already in my passport and valid from October?
Will my new employer come to know that I am applying for another visa?

have to let current company know quickly. So little desperate at the moment.So please please advice!

Thanks!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Can we have both Tier2 ICT and Tier 2 General?

Post by gag285 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:20 pm

SProgrammer wrote:Hi Manci and all,

I am in a very wierd situation. I got a tier2 general visa approved with start date in November . However now current company is willign to sponser Tier 2 ICT. Though tier 2 general is better than tier2 ICT,my spouse will be easily able to get a job near my current organisation UK office but this may not be the case with the new company UK location.
My question is ,
am I allowed to apply for ICT when I already have the stamp of tier2 general visa?
if I do go ahead with the ICT, do I have to cancel the tier2 general visa first?
what will be the implication of the Tier2 visa stamp that is already in my passport and valid from October?

have to let current company know quickly. So little desperate at the moment.So please please advice!

Thanks!
The Tier 2 General stamp will be withdrawn i.e. cancelled if you apply for a Tier 2 ICT through your current employer. I hope you have assessed your eligibility for Tier 2 ICT and also understand that time spent on Tier 2 ICT doesn't count towards ILR if that is an aim. An already existing stamp in your passport should have no bearing on your Tier 2 ICT application. Good luck!

SProgrammer
Newly Registered

Re: Can we have both Tier2 ICT and Tier 2 General?

Post by SProgrammer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:40 pm

gag285 wrote:
SProgrammer wrote:Hi Manci and all,

My question is ,

Thanks!
The Tier 2 General stamp will be withdrawn i.e. cancelled if you apply for a Tier 2 ICT through your current employer. I hope you have assessed your eligibility for Tier 2 ICT and also understand that time spent on Tier 2 ICT doesn't count towards ILR if that is an aim. An already existing stamp in your passport should have no bearing on your Tier 2 ICT application. Good luck!
Thank you so much Gag. Very very helpful.
Just to confirm that I have understood you correctly, The moment I submit the tier2 ICT application (and not when the tier 2 ICT visa is granted ) the tier2 general visa gets cancelled? So I can be in the situation that I lose the tier2 general and also have not got the tier 2 ICT?

Sprogrammer