ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Abroad under HSMP scheme... / FLR, taxes, etc...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UD78
Newly Registered

Working Abroad under HSMP scheme... / FLR, taxes, etc...

Post by UD78 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:12 pm

Hello Everybody,

I have a couple of questions for the experts in the forum.

I've obtained a 2 year HSMP visa and I'm planning to move to UK shortly.

I am getting job offers from elsewhere in the world. Some of the jobs are rotational in which you spend 5 weeks abroad and 4 weeks in home country.

If I work under these conditions I'll probably spend 140-150 days in UK per year.

Here are my questions:

1-) Under the conditions above, will I be able to apply for FLR after two years and present the amount of my earnings as an evidence of my income?

2-) I know that British citizens / residents need to pay income tax if they stay in UK more than 90 days in one year (average). But the amount of tax they pay abroad can be deducted from the amount of tax they are supposed to pay in UK (offset). Having a 2-year HSMP visa, am I also subject to the same procedure? Does it affect my FLR?

I hope that I made myself clear. I'll appreciate if some can help...

Cheers,

UD

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:00 pm

The latest rules for hsmp do not really allow this kind of absence (secondment). Please read the guidance to determine for yourself if it is worth the risk of non renewal or jeopardize your ILR in f 5 years if you'd like permanent residency. Taxes are the least of your problems

UD78
Newly Registered

Post by UD78 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:16 pm

Thanks SYH for the prompt response. I'll need to read more about this.