ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp4 EUfam... Change in circumanstance

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samailo232
Newly Registered

Stamp4 EUfam... Change in circumanstance

Post by samailo232 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:29 am

Hi
I have Stamp 4EuFam which will expire on November,in 2012 I received a letter from department of justice stating that I was granted a residency for years but I got GNIB card for only for 3 years out of five as mentioned ( my passport expiry date). My GNIB card is about to expire,I renewed my passport so I went to immigration they refused to extend it for another 2years because I am separated from my wife and she refused to go with me or help me. The immigration officer asked me to write letter to EU treaty right.. My wife still in Ireland , she works Full time. we haven't been in touch for months.
don't know what to do?
Could you guys tell me what the best thing to do.
Thanks
Sam

Obie
Ireland

Re: Stamp4 EUfam... Change in circumanstance

Post by Obie » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:10 am

They were wrong . You continue to have rights until a divorce is finalised.

You have to write to them making them understand what the law is and threaten legal action.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

samailo232
Newly Registered

Re: Stamp4 EUfam... Change in circumanstance

Post by samailo232 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Obie wrote:They were wrong . You continue to have rights until a divorce is finalised.

You have to write to them making them understand what the law is and threaten legal action.

Thank you for your replay.. I'm careful in writing the letter to them because a solicitor told me that the right is difficult to use in case of separation with no cooperation from the EEA citizen.

Hopefully someone who was in the same situation would be able to advise me before I write the letter.

Looking forward for getting more Info.
Thanks