ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 efm unmarried partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fazalkhan2015

eea2 efm unmarried partner

Post by fazalkhan2015 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:34 am

hi
i hope everybody will be fine in this forum.
i am EU unmarried partner with more than 3 years cohibitation. this is my second application for residence card.
my time line as under.
EEA2 sent on 01.07.15
COA recd on 14.07.15
Biometric on 26.07.15
Rc ...... Waiting

i have a few questions.
i applied before in august 2014 but they refused with some silly points that i have not mentioned my partner employer BT line contact number in form. and also they said you have not live together exactly 2 years. but in fact we start living together since june 2012 and we send first application on august 2014 which is 2 years and 2 months with joint bills and joint bank statements and tenancy agreements photos friends letter and many more correspondence on our name.
now i applied again in July 2015 and waiting for the RC.

Question 1:
will i get right of appeal if they refused my application ? Last time they gave me right of appeal but i didnt go court coz i requested paper decision.

Question 2:
anybody have experience called for interview ,home visit or call from home office?

Question 3:
Anybody got right to work with EEA2 EFM unmarried Application.

Question 4:
how long is the procession time now aday for the EEA2 RC.

noajthan

Re: eea2 efm unmarried partner

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:31 pm

fazalkhan2015 wrote:hi
i hope everybody will be fine in this forum.
i am EU unmarried partner with more than 3 years cohibitation. this is my second application for residence card.

i have a few questions.
i applied before in august 2014 but they refused with some silly points that i have not mentioned my partner employer BT line contact number in form. and also they said you have not live together exactly 2 years. but in fact we start living together since june 2012 and we send first application on august 2014 which is 2 years and 2 months with joint bills and joint bank statements and tenancy agreements photos friends letter and many more correspondence on our name.
now i applied again in July 2015 and waiting for the RC.

HO tend to play hard ball with their 2-year cohabitation rule but there is case law to challenge this view.

See thoughts on this matter, here:
eea-route-applications/overstayed-but-w ... l#p1246709
... has confirmed that the Home Office’s European Casework Instruction in relation to durable relationships ‘should not be taken as necessarily correct in every particular’.
In YB (EEA reg 17(4) – proper approach) Ivory Coast [2008] UKAIT 00062 the Tribunal stated that ‘durable relationship’ is a Community law term and to seek to reduce it to the criteria contained within the Immigration Rules would run contrary to Community law.
Just fyi - in case of any future appeal.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.