ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

3 months no job

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arleneauray

Re: 3 months no job

Post by arleneauray » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi sorry i just have one last query, in 2006 amendments does that mean aslong as you worked for at least a year they still classed you as qualified person even you didnt sign in job seeker?

arleneauray

Post by arleneauray » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi can someone help me pls, i been told that most likely i can apply for pr mid of aug next yr, the problem im facing is my visa will expire april next yr. Has anybody can advice me on this as i dont want to be illegal,

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:37 am

rooibos wrote:
This was amended in 2014:
(7) A person may not retain the status of a worker pursuant to paragraph (2)(b), or jobseeker pursuant to paragraph (1)(a), for longer than six months unless he can provide compelling evidence that he is continuing to seek employment and has a genuine chance of being engaged.”
IMHO it is yet to be seen how they would interpret the amendment.
But don't quote me on that; I'm in the same boat as the OP.
In 2014 the UK changed their defination of what a worker is, which now requires EU citizens to earn a minimum earnings threshold so that they pay their weekly NICs.

With this in mind, to me your quote reads that if they are not earning the MET then they are not a worker qualified person and they can't be a jobseeker qualified person (with proof they were looking for work) for longer than 6 months.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:05 pm

Petaltop wrote:In 2014 the UK changed their defination of what a worker is, which now requires EU citizens to earn a minimum earnings threshold so that they pay their weekly NICs.With this in mind, to me your quote reads that if they are not earning the MET then they are not a worker qualified person and they can't be a jobseeker qualified person (with proof they were looking for work) for longer than 6 months.
On closer analysis, that seems to be a specifically DWP rule that applies to specific benefits and may not apply to Home Office matters such as acquisition of PR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:26 pm

arleneauray wrote:Hi can someone help me pls, i been told that most likely i can apply for pr mid of aug next yr, the problem im facing is my visa will expire april next yr. Has anybody can advice me on this as i dont want to be illegal,
If you are actually talking about your RC that is not a visa.
You will not be 'illegal' when the card expiry is reached (because it's not a visa).

Your status (rights & residency) in UK depends on your husband continuing to exercise treaty rights in UK as a qualified person (for example. as a worker);
- for as long as you are married you are his dependent family member.

A RC does not grant your status in UK it simply confirms it for anyone who wants to know.

If you need a RC (for example to show to an employer) you can apply for another one next year but it is optional to hold a RC.

Hope that can reassure you.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

arleneauray

Post by arleneauray » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Ok thanks to all moderators esp noajhan, i understand clearly now. :)