ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa debit card rejected (Bank Alfalah)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ayazahmed

Visa debit card rejected (Bank Alfalah)

Post by ayazahmed » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:45 pm

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, my visa debit card got rejected and my documents are sent back to Pakistan by AirMail.
They didnt give any tracking number.

Kindly can anybody tell that in how many days the mail normally receive from UK in lahore, Pakistan?

Regards
Ayaz

jd
Member of Standing

Re: Visa debit card rejected (Bank Alfalah)

Post by jd » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:10 pm

It took mine docs around 4 days to reach my at address in Islamabad.

A friend of mine already had experienced this.
You just need to call bank and ask that there will be a transaction of 400 from HO and they will enable the card for you. You can also pay by DD.

JD
ayazahmed wrote:Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, my visa debit card got rejected and my documents are sent back to Pakistan by AirMail.
They didnt give any tracking number.

Kindly can anybody tell that in how many days the mail normally receive from UK in lahore, Pakistan?

Regards
Ayaz

ayazahmed

Post by ayazahmed » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:52 pm

thanks JD
I 'll now prefer to go via the route of DD. Its safer.
So from your experience i can hope that my documents will reach at my home by next wednesday.

majic

Post by majic » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:48 pm

Dear Ayaz,

I am more than sure the the frind JD has mentioned about is me. Actually I had the same Credit CArd as JD i.e. UBL and it got rejected becuase of a flow i\with UBL system.

I also have Bank Alafalah Credit Card and you need to specifically have your BAFL Credit Credit Open for International Transactions. So dont use Bank Alfalah CC.

UBL CC is just fine.

Regards

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:49 pm

Dear Pakis,

Its better to have a reliable credit card while paying for HSMP application fee. If possible, do use ur credit card 2~3 times on internet before making hsmp application.

Do make sure to get the card enabled for internet transactions before sending your applications..

Most of the credit cards including bank alfalah card creates problem when your are making transaction above Rs. 50,000. E.g. these days, pound rate is Rs. 127 so 400 pound equates almost to 51200. Bank alfalah representative says that in case the transaction is above 50,000; do it in two transactions, else there are more chances of rejection... So please be careful of these scenarios... Pound rate is surging high, moving hsmp application fee above 50K....!!!

And do not use Debit Card.. in most of the cases, it requires your pin code.. and i think there is no field where you can mention your pin code in hsmp application....

Last but not least, the CC payment is contacted to third party.. so you may not get the service as expected by home office UK.

Regards,
S.I

saeen
Newly Registered

what about standard chartered credit card

Post by saeen » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:01 am

what about standard chartered credit card,,,

does anyone have any experience with that,,,

i have tried alot of times of internet,,, never gave me ne problem,,,

if anyone can share their experience that would be good,,,

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:05 am

Hi Saeen,

Yes, Standard Chartered Credit Card is a good option... One of my friend applied for HSMP, no problem in the payment... and got his approval as wel..

Regards
S.I

saima122
Newly Registered

Post by saima122 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:46 am

nice infoo ...

Bank Alfalah