ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant - in country - PEO URGENT query pls

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MaH1988
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependant - in country - PEO URGENT query pls

Post by MaH1988 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:51 am

Hi all.
I have been a silent follower of this group and now in need of some help on an urgent basis pls.

I am going to apply for Tier 2 general dependant visa in person (switching from T4 student). I was trying to book an appointment online plus checking the paper application form. A few confusions rose which I need help with and would really appreciate your assistance.

On the application form:

Question K12 – (What was your ticket booking/ reference number?) – I don’t have this information as didn’t keep the ticket. What shall I put to answer this question?

Question N4 – (Do you intend to remain in the UK beyond the period of leave that your Spouse/Civil Partner has or may be given?) – What should I select to answer this question, yes or no?

On the online booking system:

* My partner has been on tier 2 general since 2011 and after 1 extension, her leave is valid until July 2017. On the online booking system, it only has two options relevant to my case:

Tier 2 General – over 3 years (if select this option, my NHS surcharge showing £1000)
Any other tier 2 (if select this option, NHS surcharge showing £600)

Shouldn’t it be £400 for my case as I will get visa only until my wife’s visa is valid (£200 per year for 2 years)? – Please suggest.

* Does my wife need to be with me/ will she be allowed during my PEO appointment?

Is there any way to check appointment availability prior to making NHS and fees payment online?

Many thanks for your valuable time. I would really appreciate quick responses.

Regards

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Dependant - in country - PEO URGENT query pls

Post by hassanh » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi,

For Question K12 you should leave this blank if you do not have or do not remembered this information. Or you can write next to the question that you did not keep the ticket details.

For Question N4, the answer should be NO as your leave would be tied to the main Tier 2 applicant and UKVI does not expect the dependents to show intentions to remain in the UK beyond the main applicant leave expiry.

When you will actually go to pay IHS, then it will ask for visa expiry date for main applicant and will show you the correct amount. The link check before you pay does not ask for full information and does not show the correct fee in every case but when you actually pay, it shows the correct amount.

Thanks,
Hassan

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 pm

I am not sure about answers for rest of your questions. Thanks

MaH1988
Newly Registered

Post by MaH1988 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:31 pm

Hi hassanh, thank you very much for your quick response, really helpful mate. would appreciate additional information/ assistance on remaining queries from the recent applicants/ senior members please.

Best regards