ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) documentation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TheApprentice
Newly Registered

FLR(M) documentation

Post by TheApprentice » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:59 pm

Hi,

I've just got married and my wife, who is on a working holiday maker visa, now needs to apply for further leave to remain using the FLR(M) form. We have supplied the following documentation with the application, but just wondered whether we should provide anything else:

*Marriage Certificate
*My passport
*Her passport
*last 3 months of her bank account statements
*last 3 months of her payslips
*last 3 months of our joint bank account statements

Is there anything anyone else thinks we should provide? Should I provide my own bank statements or other documentation? The form does not ask for any other forms, so we're not sure whether it is worth providing anything else.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:19 pm

I'm assuming you are British. Are you working? If so, you need to include evidence of such; payslips, letter from employer, bank statements. If you own your home, then the mortgage. If you are renting, include the lease and make sure it's on there that your wife has permission to live there if she isn't named on the lease.

The main thing is to show that you can support her without relying on public funds. So any savings would also be beneficial to include in the application. If finances are tight, include a detailed budget. There are quite a few on here who have posted pretty detailed lists of what they provided with their applications; try doing a search through previous threads, it could be pretty helpful.

Congratulations on getting married! :)

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:12 pm

Plus both your passports!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:24 pm

VictoriaS wrote:Plus both your passports!

Victoria
*Marriage Certificate
*My passport
*Her passport

*last 3 months of her bank account statements
*last 3 months of her payslips
*last 3 months of our joint bank account statements

:roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:
Praise The Lord!!!!

turquoise
Newly Registered

Post by turquoise » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:37 pm

I recently got my spouse visa; they sent back the whole folder I sent in. However, they kept the letter from my husband's employer and the letter from our landlord (we don't have a lease). I also sent in my husband's bank statements and payslips. I would definitely add these four items to your evidence folder.

TheApprentice
Newly Registered

Post by TheApprentice » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:54 pm

Thanks. Does it also matter that in all the documentation my wife is down as 'Miss' when she will now go by 'Ms' and has put down 'Ms' on the application form?

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:24 pm

No.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

TheApprentice
Newly Registered

Post by TheApprentice » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:40 am

Okay. So in addition to the above documents I have mentioned, I have also included the following:

*Last 3 months of my bank statements
*Last 3 months of my payslips
*copy of rental lease for house (with a note mentioning the breakdown of how much rent we pay, as we share the rent with 2 other people).

Hope this seems enough. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:17 am

I have a related question -

My husband (sponsor) was made redundant this month. His most recent payslip is from 2 weeks ago, and he should have no problem finding another job (he has already had 2 interviews and has another 3 lined up). My FLR(M) appointment, however, is Tuesday and I am worried it will be denied because he is no longer employed. Unfortunately we don't have much savings (approx. 2,000 GBP combined). Both of us have university degrees, however, and I have an interview arranged as well.

What other documentation could we bring to strengthen our case? (we are bringing interview invitation letters as well as our diplomas).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

k