ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Report has to be done by third party?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shakoorh

Housing Report has to be done by third party?

Post by shakoorh » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Very quick question I have. Does the housing report need to be done by the council or estate agent?

The reason I ask is that my brother did one himself for his wife's Visa, and it was granted (Islamabad). I can use the same document but was just wondering whether it would be accepted now that the case is looked at in the UK? I need a quick answer please as I need to decide whether or not to book something with my council.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

iamsuperbritish
United Kingdom

Re: Housing Report has to be done by third party?

Post by iamsuperbritish » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:05 pm

You have to get a full house report done with your name on it as the sponsor. Also, it doesn't have to come form the council, you can book it with a third party company such as:

www.spam.co.uk/ (which is the one I used and the follow UKVI requirements in writing up the report)

They charged me 75GBP and provided me with the full documentation within a week.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:51 pm

RE: HOUSING INSPECTION

Is this a requirement really??
My Housing Associations said that they do not provide property inspection unless I am moving out.

Tho' they send a letter stating the number of tenents in the property, that there is enough room for another person to move in.

Is this not sufficient?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:18 am

A house inspection report is not compulsory. However, if there is one, then make sure that it's not false.

No objection letter from landlord should be okay. Landlord should confirm that accommodation is adequate.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi

see the attachment, that is the letter from the housing association.
Hope this is sufficient ?!

Tho' the date on the letter concerns me a bit
cos the application will be done in October and ... might go over 28 days
Attachments
photo.JPG
letter from lanlord
photo.JPG (58.39 KiB) Viewed 735 times

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:12 pm

vinny wrote:A house inspection report is not compulsory. However, if there is one, then make sure that it's not false.

No objection letter from landlord should be okay. Landlord should confirm that accommodation is adequate.
Thanks for the reply vinny. So what I have got is a Housing Report that I have made myself, it is not a false document (i.e. all information is correct), it is just not a third party one. It has got pictures, measurements, and housing act information 1985 that confirms that the house can hold 13 people (based on the square footage). I have got a mortgage report which confirms the number of rooms, and I've got a letter from my parents saying that we can stay here. This is essentially exactly the same as what my brother provided for his wife's visa application, and it was accepted.

Do you think this would be okay? Or should I still go for the housing inspection report? I was seriously considering the housing report before, but my father has said that a lot of immigration advisers do the report for people (rather than estate agents/council) and ECO doesn't bat an eyelid.
Timeline:

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:18 pm

Guys

I got the above letter from the housing association. but concerned about the date 18th
as it might go over 28 days and they might not accept it ?!??

the visa application will take place round 12th Oct.

any thoughts ?

cheers

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:17 pm

Bucki...you're popping up again in yet another member's thread! It just gets far too confusing when there are multiple issues in the same thread and unfair to the original poster. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:36 pm

I think for UK spouse visa the most crucial requirement is financial threshold of £18600 and all other can easily manageable. I think regarding accommodation I guess that any local street local estate agent can make inspection report and council not mandatory? And I also guess that if landlord confirm as well that partner can live conveniently then it should be enough. But I am not sure that whether any need of council tax?

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm going to have to go with the homemade one because I don't have time to get the council to do it now. InshaAllah this is sufficient.
Timeline: