ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do i need a visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

piri
Newly Registered

do i need a visa

Post by piri » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:26 pm

I want to go on holiday in turkey or Egypt but I have a UK convention Blue travel document..... I just wanted to found out if I need a tourist visa to enter both countries?? or has anyone been to turkey or Egypt on a travel document

any advice welcome

thank you in advance

noajthan

Re: do i need a visa

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:11 am

piri wrote:I want to go on holiday in turkey or Egypt but I have a UK convention Blue travel document..... I just wanted to found out if I need a tourist visa to enter both countries?? or has anyone been to turkey or Egypt on a travel document

any advice welcome

thank you in advance
See UK Gov travel advice page.

Here is Turkey - you can check for Egypt too.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements
- notice the visa requirement
UK Emergency Travel Documents

UK Emergency Travel Documents (ETD) are accepted for entry, airside transit and exit from Turkey within the dates printed on the document. ETDs should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Turkey.
Have a nice trip.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

piri
Newly Registered

Post by piri » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:25 am

noajthan wrote:
piri wrote:I want to go on holiday in turkey or Egypt but I have a UK convention Blue travel document..... I just wanted to found out if I need a tourist visa to enter both countries?? or has anyone been to turkey or Egypt on a travel document

any advice welcome

thank you in advance
See UK Gov travel advice page.

Here is Turkey - you can check for Egypt too.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements
- notice the visa requirement
UK Emergency Travel Documents

UK Emergency Travel Documents (ETD) are accepted for entry, airside transit and exit from Turkey within the dates printed on the document. ETDs should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry into Turkey.
Have a nice trip.
thank you for the advice but my passport is not an emergency travel document..... its a refugee convention blue travel document with an ilr to remain in the UK, but I cant find anything at all online about travelling to turkey or Egypt with or without a visa

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:28 am

piri wrote:thank you for the advice but my passport is not an emergency travel document..... its a refugee convention blue travel document with an ilr to remain in the UK, but I cant find anything at all online about travelling to turkey or Egypt with or without a visa
The page link (above) covers all requirements (visas and passports) for Turkey & includes a link to Turkey authorities (embassy) for any questions about visas/travel.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.