ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is overcrowding treat as crime

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Universal soldier
BANNED

Is overcrowding treat as crime

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi,
If someone observe overcrowding at a neighbouring house then how it need to report and what can be the consequences for the tenants living at that particular property?? I have seen that reporting has been made to local council whose officials came but did nothing as overcrowding is still continue. So what is the best and rapid course of action to end this chapter even to penalize the team leader who keep such number of tenants??

noajthan

Re: Is overcrowding treat as crime

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Universal soldier wrote:Hi,
If someone observe overcrowding at a neighbouring house then how it need to report and what can be the consequences for the tenants living at that particular property?? I have seen that reporting has been made to local council whose officials came but did nothing as overcrowding is still continue. So what is the best and rapid course of action to end this chapter even to penalize the team leader who keep such number of tenants??
It's not a police matter.

Back to council again I suppose.
Possibly also involve fire service (but not via 999!).

If no joy try approaching your local councillor for support (or even local MP).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:12 pm

The said overcrowded house is 3 bedroom house having 10 tenants including one child living and the team leader arrogantly claims that he is not afraid from anyone. Council officials came already but did nothing ? So what's the best effective solution for this matter??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:21 pm

noajthan has already given you good advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:32 pm

Thanks for reply. I actually want to teach legally a good lesson to the team leader of overcrowding producer. So how can the councillor/mp approachable anonymously/confidentially and will that be more effective than simply complaining the local council? Sorry if I asked repeatedly.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:52 pm

Get a life man ...why you want to teach him a lesson ... Have you got any personal problem with him ... Looks fishy !!!! Try to make other humans life easier not difficult ...

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:15 am

AUHS wrote:Get a life man ...why you want to teach him a lesson ... Have you got any personal problem with him ... Looks fishy !!!! Try to make other humans life easier not difficult ...
What a lovely advice lol.
Such overcrowding breaching health & safety standards, disturbing neighbours too, uncleanliness causing rats for others too. If you own the house or want to live peacefully even in rented house then would you like such happening at your next door??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:22 am

This is a social matter and not really appropriate on an immigration forum. However, as the Council are aware that the landlord (who I assume you mean by 'team leader') is renting a property to multiple tenants causing overcrowding conditions, there is little you can do. They may feel that unless there is alternative housing available for the occupants who would need to move out, that it is preferable to leave them with a roof over their heads rather than evict them onto the street. Also a 3-bedroom house with a living room and dining room, could mean that only 2 would need to move out, less if any occupants are children and under the age of 10. I assume you don't have room to take any into your home? :|
This is the advice that the charity Shelter gives:
http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advic ... ercrowding

You may want to contact your local Environmental Health office about the rats.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:36 am

Universal soldier wrote:Thanks for reply. I actually want to teach legally a good lesson to the team leader of overcrowding producer. So how can the councillor/mp approachable anonymously/confidentially and will that be more effective than simply complaining the local council? Sorry if I asked repeatedly.
The local council is your first port of call.

Councils have various statutory powers in their toolbox for cases of overcrowding, etc..
For example see 1.5 of this report:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... EkxfPxP-bg

I don't know if housing officials will act on anonymous tipoffs.

If you have difficulty persuading a council to intervene despite a reasonable request then that is the time to involve your local councillor (or MP).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:17 am

@casa
This practice is a form of illegal sub letting for earning extra money and there seeming no health & safety as no fire exit, no special toilet for child & money, dirty garden with rubbish piled there, so much noise, and the top of that the team leader who is a failed appellant over immigrations authorities has kept pschco patient eastern European girl probably for papers who left her one baby to another non-eu national in UK and 2nd baby with another non-eu national which she kept in that home to who that failed appellant (team leader) and eastern European girl don't properly feed, change cloth and shout on him as he is only 1.5 yrs old.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:48 am

It's a social crime. Reporting councillor will surely bring rapid s action but another easiest way to trace that estate agent who let the property and they definitely be unaware of that illegal sub letting and if someone inform them then the whole they will take care of to clear up the mess. Better to report the nspcc too who deal child abuse matters and the same will assess the mind level of mother and report ukba too about failed appellant who perhaps will be detained or deported.
@casa
I seen the property where council raid and warned the landlord to remove the excessive tenants otherwise they will fine/seize the property. Eventually the property get empty soon afterwards.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:59 am

Universal soldier wrote:@casa
This practice is a form of illegal sub letting for earning extra money and there seeming no health & safety as no fire exit, no special toilet for child & money, dirty garden with rubbish piled there, so much noise, and the top of that the team leader who is a failed appellant over immigrations authorities has kept pschco patient eastern European girl probably for papers who left her one baby to another non-eu national in UK and 2nd baby with another non-eu national which she kept in that home to who that failed appellant (team leader) and eastern European girl don't properly feed, change cloth and shout on him as he is only 1.5 yrs old.
Ah, by 'team leader' I now understand you mean 'main tenant'? As there seems to be a multitude of issues, I suggest you speak to the CAB for free advice. By all means if you feel that children are being mistreated, then contact the NSPCC or the local Social Services in confidence.
I would assume that if the property is rented out by a Estate Agent they should make fairly regular checks and be aware of the situation, but I suspect that you'll find it is owned and let by a 'rogue' landlord.
(Casa, not CR001)

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:27 am

Yes you both understand and reply correct. Estate agent do visit but by taking appointment from main tenant but never surprise and that man usually paint the home, remove excessive beds, things and do professional cleaning of home and tell the tenants to stay out for a while. Then the agency check, please and go.