ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does my Country Know about our British Citizenhip

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moulie18

Does my Country Know about our British Citizenhip

Post by moulie18 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:08 am

Hi dear respected forum members.

I recently have a British Citizenship. My country (Uzbekstan) does not support dual nationality.
My question is, Does British Government somehow inform my country about my British Citizenship?
Anyone experienced such type of issue?

Thank you very much.

Kindest regards,
Moulie

noajthan

Re: Does my Country Know about our British Citizenhip

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:05 am

moulie18 wrote:Hi dear respected forum members.

I recently have a British Citizenship. My country (Uzbekstan) does not support dual nationality.
My question is, Does British Government somehow inform my country about my British Citizenship?
Anyone experienced such type of issue?

Thank you very much.

Kindest regards,
Moulie
You can read about the kind of international cooperation and data sharing that goes on between EU countries & other countries, including Uzbekistan, here:
http://www.icao.int/publications/journa ... l9_no3.pdf

Notice an ICAO conference held in Tashkent as recently as 2014 that included discussions around machine-readable passports.
Cross-border cooperation and data sharing are strategic areas that require further regional cooperation, confidence-building measures, joint activities and information exchange to prevent identification fraud. A strong message that emerged from this Seminar was the necessity to explore new, more inclusive and more effective forms of regional cooperation and data sharing. This is an important priority.
Interpol is another agency that, by definition, has international links and tools & procedures for data sharing.

But I am not aware that HMG & HMPO in particular would broadcast a message to every other country in the world every time a British passport is issued to a dual national.

Interesting question for sure; let's see what other insights may be shared.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:26 am

No, HMG does not notify other states of your acquisition of British citizenship.

But there are other ways to find out.

For instance, my former country (which also does not allow dual citizenship, hence former) had exit checks in place at airports and seaports. Immigration Officers would check that you had a visa for the country you are flying to, else they will question you as to why you did not need a visa. They would also check that you had a entry stamp in the passport, else you would need an exit stamp signed off in advance by your local police station, etc. That causes issues for babies born in that country, whose parents are visiting, because of course the baby does not have an entry stamp on his brand new passport.

Also, as noajthan has pointed out, security data, including passenger flight details, is routinely shared among nations for security purposes. And they almost certainly contain citizenship data.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

moulie18

Post by moulie18 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:09 am

Thank you Noajthan and Secret.simon.
As long as UK gov.t does not let my country know about my British citizenship, I might get away with flying abroad by flying via Russia, or Kazakhstan... etc.
Fly to Kazakhstan with British Passport... From there, Fly to Uzbekistan with Uzbek Passport..
When exiting, Fly to Kazakhstan with Uzbek passport... From Kazakhstan to UK with British passport..

:)

secret.simon wrote:No, HMG does not notify other states of your acquisition of British citizenship.

For instance, my former country (which also does not allow dual citizenship, hence former) had exit checks in place at airports and seaports. Immigration Officers would check that you had a visa for the country you are flying to, else they will question you as to why you did not need a visa. They would also check that you had a entry stamp in the passport, else you would need an exit stamp signed off in advance by your local police station, etc. That causes issues for babies born in that country, whose parents are visiting, because of course the baby does not have an entry stamp on his brand new passport.

Also, as noajthan has pointed out, security data, including passenger flight details, is routinely shared among nations for security purposes. And they almost certainly contain citizenship data.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:28 am

moulie18 wrote:Thank you Noajthan and Secret.simon.
As long as UK gov.t does not let my country know about my British citizenship, I might get away with flying abroad by flying via Russia, or Kazakhstan... etc.
Fly to Kazakhstan with British Passport... From there, Fly to Uzbekistan with Uzbek Passport..
When exiting, Fly to Kazakhstan with Uzbek passport... From Kazakhstan to UK with British passport..

secret.simon wrote:No, HMG does not notify other states of your acquisition of British citizenship.

Then you would need a Russian visa (pain in the arse) or a Kazakh visa (probably also a pain in the arse).
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

moulie18

Post by moulie18 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:40 am

No, Uzbekistan citizens are allowed to go couple of countries without visa, including Kazakhstan and Russia... :)

I still cannot understand why they do not support dual nationality.. :(
Wanderer wrote:
moulie18 wrote:Thank you Noajthan and Secret.simon.

Then you would need a Russian visa (pain in the arse) or a Kazakh visa (probably also a pain in the arse).

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:51 am

But if you fly out on your British Passport you will need a KZ visa other wise they won't board you.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....