ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics for applications sent from abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mikeg333
Newly Registered

Biometrics for applications sent from abroad

Post by mikeg333 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:00 pm

I applied in April for BC using the UKM method. I live in the US. I never received an invitation to do biometrics. After numerous attempts to contact HO as my 6 month application window is up in a month they finally replied.

They informed me that they are in the process of setting up a method to collect biometrics in the US but it will not be in place till the end of Oct at the earliest. They will not let me know how this affects my application. They told me they have to answer all applications by 6 months yet they will not have the biometrics setup for me to send till after my 6 month window. Not sure if they will hold my decision till after they get biometrics or decided and hold the ceremony till they receive it?

Has anyone else applied from abroad and run into this issue?

bfrenchfry

Re: Biometrics for applications sent from abroad

Post by bfrenchfry » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Yes, I received the same thing as a person applying with UKF from the US. Said they're waiting until October to get biometrics up and running, and I should hear from them with the info to enroll then. I do wonder, like you, if it'll be a quick response after that since they made us wait so long or if it'll be the standard post-biometric waiting period which means I'll be looking at around 10 months for approval (right now I'm at 5 months, so by the time I do biometrics I'll be over 6).

mikeg333
Newly Registered

Post by mikeg333 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Yea, I'm hoping they will process our applications and finalize once they receive the biometrics. What's interesting is the US has been setup to take full biometrics that are sent to the UK when someone applies for a UK visa from the US. They've had this in place since 2012 at all the major US cities Department of Homeland Security centers. Not sure why they then have to setup a new method for citizenship applications.

They replied that they will update me on Oct 14th which is my 6 month deadline. They said biometrics won't be setup here till end of Oct though.

bfrenchfry

Post by bfrenchfry » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:26 pm

mikeg333 wrote:Yea, I'm hoping they will process our applications and finalize once they receive the biometrics. What's interesting is the US has been setup to take full biometrics that are sent to the UK when someone applies for a UK visa from the US. They've had this in place since 2012 at all the major US cities Department of Homeland Security centers. Not sure why they then have to setup a new method for citizenship applications.

They replied that they will update me on Oct 14th which is my 6 month deadline. They said biometrics won't be setup here till end of Oct though.
Wow, nice you got a better date from them! They just said to me "We now expect this to be resolved by October 2015, when we will be able to invite you to arrange your enrolment visits. We will contact you again in October to explain what you need to do next."

It truly is insane that there are hundreds of locations to enroll your biometrics if you're applying for a visa, but not for citizenship. Guess that super expensive application fee gets them quicker assistance.

What city are you applying from? I'm just wondering if big cities will get up and running sooner than the end of the month as I'm in New York City

mikeg333
Newly Registered

Post by mikeg333 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Wow, nice you got a better date from them! They just said to me "We now expect this to be resolved by October 2015, when we will be able to invite you to arrange your enrolment visits. We will contact you again in October to explain what you need to do next."

It truly is insane that there are hundreds of locations to enroll your biometrics if you're applying for a visa, but not for citizenship. Guess that super expensive application fee gets them quicker assistance.

What city are you applying from? I'm just wondering if big cities will get up and running sooner than the end of the month as I'm in New York City
I'm in Los Angeles. Interesting enough I had the email address of a Home Office employee who handled sending back my passport last spring. I emailed her asking if she had any advice on the biometrics and she said that the people who respond from the email aren't trained. That if you applied before they setup the biometrics center in your country they will not require biometrics for your application. She said my application is being assigned to a case worker "soon" and that no biometrics are needed as it's not setup in the US yet.

Hopefully she is correct.