ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

major concern for my husband

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chocolateorange88
BANNED

major concern for my husband

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:50 pm

my hubby applied on 11th june but it is now showing that his pre 6th April esol certification QAN number has been withdrawn from the ofqual register!!!!!

when we applied the ncs rang them up in front of us and saud that he could use it cos he used same one to apply for ILR just a year before!!!!

According to ofqual register the certification end date was 31 August 2015

Help!

noajthan

Re: major concern for my husband

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:16 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:my hubby applied on 11th june but it is now showing that his pre 6th April esol certification QAN number has been withdrawn from the ofqual register!!!!!

when we applied the ncs rang them up in front of us and saud that he could use it cos he used same one to apply for ILR just a year before!!!!

According to ofqual register the certification end date was 31 August 2015

Help!
If it was valid on the day you applied it should be acceptable.
(It's not your responsibility if HO choose to take 3 or 6 months or more to process an application).

The fact that NCS double-checked for you on the day & found it acceptable backs you up too.

Did you enclose printouts related to the qualification from the Ofqual website too?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:22 pm

when my hubby applied it was there!! but must have dropped off at ' certification end date-31 August 2015'

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:41 am

There is no specific ESOL qualification numbers in the AN guidance but written in gov website From November 2015, you won’t be able to use ESOL qualifications as proof for settlement and citizenship applications.You need to confirm your qualification with either a certificate or by checking that your results can be viewed online. IMHO I think it is enough the ESOL test was taken in England and you had a certificate of that with Ofqual logo.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:35 am

chocolateorange88 wrote:when my hubby applied it was there!! but must have dropped off at ' certification end date-31 August 2015'
See https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
If you’re applying for citizenship and took the test before 6 April 2015, your qualification will still be accepted even after it’s expired.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:20 am

Yes Im aware if the rules post November 2015.

My husband took ESOL exam in Feb 2014 and used it for ILR jn July 2014. Used same certificate for Naturalisation in June 2015 and NCS said it was fine. And yes it has the Ofqual logo on the certificate itself