ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How Many Passports to include with Set (O) Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Riffatshahid
Newly Registered

How Many Passports to include with Set (O) Application

Post by Riffatshahid » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:30 pm

I am due to apply for ILR under Tier 1 (General) category after completing 5 years of continuous residence in the UK. I need advise on how many passports should I include with my application. I do understand that I need to include all current and previous passports that have been used to enter and remain in the UK under this category and I am inclined to only include my current and previous passport with my application. I came to UK in 2010 on Tier 1 and visa was on my previous passport on and later on I had my passport renewed in the UK in 2014.
However, I did travel to UK for about 20 days visit in year 2000 with my parents. It was just a short visit and we went back to our home country after that. Do I need to provide this passport as well with my application? Do I need to provide passports that I held between 2000 and 2010. I travelled extensively between 2000 and 2010. However I did not travel to the UK again until 2010 after my first short visit in 2000. Please advise do I need to provide all my 6 passports with photocopies with my ILR application or only passports used to enter and live in the UK under Tier 1 category should be submitted with the application?

mt_dilber

Re: How Many Passports to include with Set (O) Application

Post by mt_dilber » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Riffatshahid wrote:I am due to apply for ILR under Tier 1 (General) category after completing 5 years of continuous residence in the UK. I need advise on how many passports should I include with my application. I do understand that I need to include all current and previous passports that have been used to enter and remain in the UK under this category and I am inclined to only include my current and previous passport with my application. I came to UK in 2010 on Tier 1 and visa was on my previous passport on and later on I had my passport renewed in the UK in 2014.
However, I did travel to UK for about 20 days visit in year 2000 with my parents. It was just a short visit and we went back to our home country after that. Do I need to provide this passport as well with my application? Do I need to provide passports that I held between 2000 and 2010. I travelled extensively between 2000 and 2010. However I did not travel to the UK again until 2010 after my first short visit in 2000. Please advise do I need to provide all my 6 passports with photocopies with my ILR application or only passports used to enter and live in the UK under Tier 1 category should be submitted with the application?
A. You Must include your current valid passport.
B. It is not mandatory to add previous passport, you should if you still have. In your case, just include previous which you used for tier 1 in 2010. All other old passports are irrelevant to your ILR application.

Regards

Riffatshahid
Newly Registered

Post by Riffatshahid » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:53 pm

mt_dilber wrote:
Riffatshahid wrote:I am due to apply for ILR under Tier 1 (General) category after completing 5 years of continuous residence in the UK. I need advise on how many passports should I include with my application. I do understand that I need to include all current and previous passports that have been used to enter and remain in the UK under this category and I am inclined to only include my current and previous passport with my application. I came to UK in 2010 on Tier 1 and visa was on my previous passport on and later on I had my passport renewed in the UK in 2014.
B. It is not mandatory to add previous passport, you should if you still have. In your case, just include previous which you used for tier 1 in 2010. All other old passports are irrelevant to your ILR application.

Regards
Thanx Dilber Someone was telling me that you should include all passports that were ever used to travel to UK. I have all the passports but I don't want to go to same day service with 6 passports and more 100 pages of photocopies of passport pages (I travelled extensively between 2000 and 2010). However, if it is mandatory to provide passports that were ever used for travelling to UK, I will not mind including all 6 passports. I think including 6 passports will unnecessarily complicate things and case worker as has to check 4 additional and rather irrelevant passports. Do you think it is safe to not include passport that I used for travel to the UK in January 2000? I submitted that passport at the time of initial entry clearance and will not mind submitting it again. However, I don't want to make things complicated for the case worker.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Riffatshahid wrote:
mt_dilber wrote:

Regards
Thanx Dilber Someone was telling me that you should include all passports that were ever used to travel to UK. I have all the passports but I don't want to go to same day service with 6 passports and more 100 pages of photocopies of passport pages (I travelled extensively between 2000 and 2010). However, if it is mandatory to provide passports that were ever used for travelling to UK, I will not mind including all 6 passports. I think including 6 passports will unnecessarily complicate things and case worker as has to check 4 additional and rather irrelevant passports. Do you think it is safe to not include passport that I used for travel to the UK in January 2000? I submitted that passport at the time of initial entry clearance and will not mind submitting it again. However, I don't want to make things complicated for the case worker.
Your ILR is based on last 5 years, so the only relevant passport is your recent previous. However you can take old passports with you at PEO office. I am sure they won't be too heavy. It is for your peace of mind. But I am sure they won't ask for them.