ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Priority Visa Service for Spouse Visa !?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bucki

Settlement Priority Visa Service for Spouse Visa !?

Post by Bucki » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi

wonder if this servise is valid for Spouse Visa application (5year route) ?! Or am I misunderstanding here!?

it states "not applicible for family reunion"
hmmm makes me wonder is spouse visa falls into this category!

source: h**ps://uk.tlscontact.com/xk/PRN/page.php?pid=added_value_services

any suggestions!?
would be amazing if this is valid!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Settlement Priority Visa Service for Spouse Visa !?

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:48 am

"Family reunion is intended to allow dependent family members to reunite with their sponsors who are recognised refugees, or who have 5 years Humanitarian Protection leave in the UK."

You are applying for a spouse settlement visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Casa

from your understanding the Settlement Priority Visa should be eligeable for my wife to pake a fast application, right!?

i mean a decision within 2 weeks is great!

i am just not certain if this is what i understand

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Correct.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 pm

Settlement Priority Visa Service €511.20

The Settlement Priority Visa Service is available to customers applying for a visa to settle in the UK. Qualifying customers are may purchase a Settlement Priority Visa Service for 360GBP, in addition to the visa fee, to receive decision within 15 working days. UK Visas & Immigration continues to offer a standard 12 week service.

Please note only customers applying to settle in the UK under family migration routes and where a full settlement visa fee is payable can use this service. Applications for Family Reunion or EEA Family Permits cannot use this service.

You may purchase a Settlement Priority Visa Service online at any time prior to enrolling your biometrics by logging into your personal account on this website.
hmmmm a bit skeptical about this bit:
Please note only customers applying to settle in the UK under family migration routes and where a full settlement visa fee is payable can use this service.
what does this in simple term mean ... ??
My wife will apply for the Settlement - Wife (spouse) visa.

Is this not falling in the category ... ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:25 pm

You'll be paying the full settlement fee won't you? :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:26 am

Not sure what u ask Casa!

if you mean the round £1000
for visa application and + IHS fee

then, yes I will pay it!
why are u asking!?

has it got to do with the Priority Settelement !?

cheers

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Casa wrote:You'll be paying the full settlement fee won't you? :roll:
Still not quite sure what you meant by it ... ?!
what is the full settlement fee then??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:40 pm

Bucki wrote:
Casa wrote:You'll be paying the full settlement fee won't you? :roll:
Still not quite sure what you meant by it ... ?!
what is the full settlement fee then??
Quote "Please note only customers applying to settle in the UK under family migration routes and where a full settlement visa fee is payable can use this service. Applications for Family Reunion or EEA Family Permits cannot use this service."

A full settlement fee means 'no discount'.
After this, I'm going to leave it to another member to explain. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Casa wrote:A full settlement fee means 'no discount'.
Fair enough but I didnt know there is a discount?!
Also do not understand what by "full settlement fee" is meant ...

Maybe, to pay the whole 5 year visa application at once ; instead of after 2.5 years?

Hmmmm :(

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:05 pm

Bucki wrote:

Maybe, to pay the whole 5 year visa application at once ; instead of after 2.5 years?

Ok, one last time as I'm rapidly losing the will....
"Family reunion is intended to allow dependent family members to reunite with their sponsors who are recognised refugees, or who have 5 years Humanitarian Protection leave in the UK." Those applying under this category don't have to pay the full visa fee. They do not have to pay a visa fee. They can't apply using the Premium service. You'r wife is applying under a spouse 'family settlement route'. Your wife isn't applying as a family member of a refugee or someone who has Humanitarian Protection. Therefore she isn't excluded from using the Premium Service. :|
(Casa, not CR001)

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:48 pm

Casa wrote:
Bucki wrote:

Ok, one last time as I'm rapidly losing the will....
"Family reunion is intended to allow dependent family members to reunite with their sponsors who are recognised refugees, or who have 5 years Humanitarian Protection leave in the UK." Those applying under this category don't have to pay the full visa fee. They do not have to pay a visa fee. They can't apply using the Premium service. You'r wife is applying under a spouse 'family settlement route'. Your wife isn't applying as a family member of a refugee or someone who has Humanitarian Protection. Therefore she isn't excluded from using the Premium Service. :|
Casa

SORRY !!
I admit, english isn't my strongest part , especially the UK rules!

All I wanted is to confirm my understanding that;

- the premium service is totally valid in our case for the visa spouse application.

but then you confused me "but will you be paying the full settlement fee" ??
Considering,that I be paying for the visa application + IHS = full settlement fee, right.

Thanks, at least I know I was not wrong in my understanding.
Having said that, nobody from my country even took advantage of this way ... which
made me slightly worried that it MIGHT not be suitable for it.

Seems like it that they never knew about it :lol:

Thanks a lot and sorry again.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:07 pm

I really am going to have to leave it to someone else. With respect, you confused the issue after I'd advised your wife could use the Premium Service by being sceptical about; "Please note only customers applying to settle in the UK under family migration routes and where a full settlement visa fee is payable can use this service.

I didn't reply "but will you be paying the full settlement fee", I replied "but you will be paying the full settlement fee" Meaning your wife's application doesn't fall into the family of refugee and Humanitarian where no visa fee is applied.
(Casa, not CR001)