ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent less than 5 yrs application question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pranvayu

ILR Dependent less than 5 yrs application question

Post by Pranvayu » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi,

My question is in relation to my depdendants - wife and children under 18.

I am on Tier 1 General - 5 years will complete in Jan 2016.

I have been in the UK for 5 years in Jan 2016 and will apply for ILR then.

My wife and children's Tier 1 G extension expires in Jan 206 but they will not complete 5 years continuous residency in the UK.

Question: Can my dependent also apply for ILR based on my application or will they need to apply for PBS dependent or something else?

I'm sure this question will have been posed and answered previously but I haven't found it.

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Dependent less than 5 yrs application question

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:47 pm

When did your dependents APPLY (exact date) for their initial Tier 1 G Dep visas and when did they ENTER the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pranvayu

Post by Pranvayu » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 am

Initial Application was from home country in August 2010. Visa was granted in December 2010.

Date entered UK. May 2011.

They complete 5 years in May 2016 but tier 1 general visa expires Jan 2016. We should have applied for their extension in April this year but we didn't.

S friend suggested that my dependents do not have to complete 5 years and could apply with me as they have completed 3 years.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:31 am

If their leave expires after you apply for SET(O), then you may include them in your SET(O) application, under 319E, 319J.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.