ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) waiting times

Post by killban1971 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:27 am

kierton59 wrote:Sent Application 20/07/2015, submitted biometrics once the letter came through one week ish later.
Letter asking for more evidence of cohabiting with partner received 03/09/15
Submitted extra documents 10/09/2015
Received all our documents back and visa granted 14/09/2015.
Well, it seems my wife and I are in the same situation as you were. We sent the extra documents last week (16/09/2015), so hope to hear back this week. It would be 8 weeks tomorrow since the acknowledgement letter...

Fingers crossed...

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by killban1971 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:21 am

killban1971 wrote:Fingers crossed...
Fingers now uncrossed. Approval and Docs arrived yesterday. Now awaiting the BRP to arrive. :D

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:03 am

]
penzee123 wrote: You will receive your acknowledgement and biometric shortly in one envelope normally they sent after deduction of fee hopefully you will receive it in 3-5 days
Thank you for the response.
I still haven't received it.
Its just that my employers wants me to confirm my immigration details to her and I thought I could show the acknowledgement as proof that I have put in an application before my visa expired.
I will try explaining to her if I still don't receive it by tomorrow cos technically I m not an illegal immigrant and my status remains the same until a decision is reached, isn't it? :?:
'fingers crossed'
:? :P[/quote]
Did you applied by solicitor???
Becoz I applied by solicitor application posted on 12th and homeoffice send biometric and acknowledgement on 18th but my solicitor inform me on 25th so if you applied through a solicitor contact him or her.
Otherwise you will receive it shortly they send it by second class so sometime it's take 5 days.[/quote]

I still havent received any letter from the Home Office. I am worried what if its lost in transit or sent to a wrong address cos if I dont do the biometrics on time, my application will be refused. Can you help with who to contact or what to do?
i didnt use any solicitor and it is my second flr (m) application. I really dnt know what to do. :([/quote]

its official guys. I have now been formally suspended from work for not providing any credible evidence to remain and work in the UK.
though its not the end of the world (i could do with a break), i would like to know if anyone has applied for FLR M second phase is experiencing the same. I was told one of the numerous times I called the Home office to enquire that they no longer issue out acknowledgement letters, just biometric letters. Is this true?
is there anyway of getting a reference number off them at all? and lastly, can i sue the home office for gross incompetency on their part 4 not fulfilling their end of the bargain and sending me the required letter? :twisted:

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by killban1971 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:23 am

babymama wrote:i would like to know if anyone has applied for FLR M second phase is experiencing the same. I was told one of the numerous times I called the Home office to enquire that they no longer issue out acknowledgement letters, just biometric letters. Is this true?
Hi, we applied for my wife's second phase of FLR(M), and we got an Acknowledgement Letter and Biometric Request in the same envelope. We posted on the 24/07/15 and the Acknowledgement Letter and Biometric Request were dated the 30/07/15.

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:02 am

I think this is a general problem.
since i couldnt find someone who recently posted their application this month on this thread, i decided to check other threads on the forum and found that those that posted thir ILR this month have not received any acknowledgement or biometric letters either. There are even cases like mine which the employers are demanded for proof of right to work.
I think the Home Office should consider that they are dealing with human beings here and get their act right. Its not fair for one to have to suffer due to their failings.
I hope this is sorted really soon.

Harry438

Post by Harry438 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:53 pm

HI All,

I am soon applying for FLR (M) application, my wife recently got ILR and we have been married in UK from past 2 years and i am currently on tier 2 visa. This is the 1st time am applying in a spouse visa category, can you please let me know if below documents are OK and if i need any more documents apart from the below list.

Also is it Ok to include myself as a financial requirement since i am on tier 2 as I've been working legally since 2 + years and hence the reason i wanted to use my salary as financial requirement.

- 6 months payslips (mine only)
- 6 months bank statements (mine only)
- letter from employer
- 2 passport photos
- bio metric/passport
- application form

Relation proof documents:

- council tax for address proof (both our names are included)
- tv licence (wife's name only )
- Gas bill (wife's name only )
- - marriage certificate (we got married in UK)
- HMRC (mine only)
- Tenancy agreement (Both our names are included)

If there's any more relation proof documents i need to include or they are sufficient enough ?

TIA

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:01 am

Harry438 wrote:HI All,

I am soon applying for FLR (M) application, my wife recently got ILR and we have been married in UK from past 2 years and i am currently on tier 2 visa. This is the 1st time am applying in a spouse visa category, can you please let me know if below documents are OK and if i need any more documents apart from the below list.

Also is it Ok to include myself as a financial requirement since i am on tier 2 as I've been working legally since 2 + years and hence the reason i wanted to use my salary as financial requirement.

- letter from employer
- 2 passport photos
- bio metric/passport
- application form

Relation proof documents:

- HMRC (mine only)

If there's any more relation proof documents i need to include or they are sufficient enough ?

TIA

dont forget the English language requirement. If you have a marriage certificate, add that too. its important too. Good luck!!!

chckens40
Newly Registered

Post by chckens40 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:59 am

Harry438 wrote: Also is it Ok to include myself as a financial requirement since i am on tier 2 as I've been working legally since 2 + years and hence the reason i wanted to use my salary as financial requirement.

- letter from employer
- 2 passport photos
- bio metric/passport
- application form
You need a passport photo of your wife as well, just 1. I think it should be ok to use just your salary if it meets/exceeds the requirement.
And you also need to provide our partner’s current passport or travel document showing that she is present and settled in the UK. From the application form -

If your partner is a non-British citizen without a passport, you must provide a Home Office letter
or other document showing that he/she has been granted indefinite leave to enter or remain in
the UK, accompanied by at least one other formal document as evidence of ordinary residence
in the UK for the last three years.
The following are examples of formal documents that may be provided as evidence of ordinary
residence for the last three years: notice of income tax coding, driving licence, building society
savings books /bank statements, National Insurance or National Health Service registration
issued by the Department for Work and Pensions or a local health authority

Harry438 wrote: Relation proof documents:

- HMRC (mine only)

Are these for this - Six items of correspondence addressed to you and your partner at the same address as evidence that you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or
from the date you first started living together up to a maximum of two years
?

Because if so, you will need to provide more as you do not have enough in joint names and the marriage certificate does not count for this. Here's the note about correspondence -

Note 9 The items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names.
Examples of acceptable items are listed below. The documents provided must be originals.
Photocopies are not acceptable.
The dates of the items of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They
should be from at least 3 different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names,
you may also provide items addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address
for both of you.
For example - Four items of correspondence in joint names to the same address and two items
addressed to each partner at the address. In total eight items would need to be submitted.
If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in joint names, you will need to submit
twelve items (six each) of correspondence, evidencing that you reside together at the same
address.
If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please
provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
If you did not live together for any part of the 2-year period, tell us the reasons for this and
whether you stayed in contact with each other during this time, and provide any relevant
supporting evidence.
Please give an explanation on a separate sheet if you cannot provide six items; if the items are
not addressed to both of you; or if they do not cover the 2-year period.

Good luck!

Aleena_wasiq1
Pakistan

Post by Aleena_wasiq1 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi,

This forum is been very helpful every time I applied for an extension.Thank you so much to all the members for all your support and help!
Please see the below timeline for FLR(M) extension (2nd part on the 5 year route)

Application posted: 11/08/2015
Acknowledgement and Bio metric letter received together : 20/08/2015 dated 18/08
Bio metrics Submitted at St-Alban's post office : 24/08/2015
Passport/Docs received (extension granted) : 28/09/2015 dated 24/09
BRP: not received yet

penzee123
Newly Registered

Post by penzee123 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:20 pm

We applied on 12th August after withdrawing FLR FP
still waiting 7th week will be ending tomorrow
Timeline
Application posted: 12/08/2015
Acknowledgement and Bio metric letter received together : 25/08/2015 dated 18/08
Bio metrics Submitted :25/08/2015
Passport/Docs received : still waiting
BRP: Waiting

penzee123
Newly Registered

Post by penzee123 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Aleena_wasiq1 wrote:Hi,

This forum is been very helpful every time I applied for an extension.Thank you so much to all the members for all your support and help!
Please see the below timeline for FLR(M) extension (2nd part on the 5 year route)

Application posted: 11/08/2015
Acknowledgement and Bio metric letter received together : 20/08/2015 dated 18/08
Bio metrics Submitted at St-Alban's post office : 24/08/2015
Passport/Docs received (extension granted) : 28/09/2015 dated 24/09
BRP: not received yet
Congratulations on your approval we are waiting for our to come as we posted our application same time as yours so Hoping to hear something In next few days

Aleena_wasiq1
Pakistan

Post by Aleena_wasiq1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:13 am

penzee123 wrote:
Aleena_wasiq1 wrote:Hi,

Congratulations on your approval we are waiting for our to come as we posted our application same time as yours so Hoping to hear something In next few days

Hopefully you will get the good news in a day or two :)

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:02 pm

I finally got an email today from the Home Office about my situation after several emails and calls. I also got my case I.D which I have forwarded to my employer (at least now they can get off my back). In all, things are looking up and I am expecting my biometric letter soon.

radiogaga
Newly Registered

Post by radiogaga » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi - not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but here goes.

I applied at Solihull PEO/Premium Service Centre under FLR(M) earlier this month. Straightforward application, ticked all the boxes, had biometrics enrolled; but the case worker asked me to send extra stamped bank statements (my bank had previously told me they don't stamp statements, and I foolishly took their word for it.) So I sent these within 24 hours, tracked 1st class mail, delivered the next morning. Case worker told me "not to worry" as everything (my passports, my wife's British passport, etc.) would be returned to me once the application was processed. I took her word for it and left without asking any further questions.

I've since heard nothing from them. It's been two weeks so far - so much for a premium service!

(1) Does anyone have any experience with such cases at Solihull? Any idea how long I'll need to wait?

(2) My wife and I both need to travel next month (October). Would putting in an online request for document return be likely to work, and will it likely jeopardise my application?

(3) Does anyone have experience with going in in person to the PEO and enquiring about documents/application status? I live 2 hours from Birmingham but am worried about our passports disappearing into the void!

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:06 pm

radiogaga wrote:Hi - not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but here goes.

I applied at Solihull PEO/Premium Service Centre under FLR(M) earlier this month. Straightforward application, ticked all the boxes, had biometrics enrolled; but the case worker asked me to send extra stamped bank statements (my bank had previously told me they don't stamp statements, and I foolishly took their word for it.) So I sent these within 24 hours, tracked 1st class mail, delivered the next morning. Case worker told me "not to worry" as everything (my passports, my wife's British passport, etc.) would be returned to me once the application was processed. I took her word for it and left without asking any further questions.

I've since heard nothing from them. It's been two weeks so far - so much for a premium service!

(1) Does anyone have any experience with such cases at Solihull? Any idea how long I'll need to wait?

(2) My wife and I both need to travel next month (October). Would putting in an online request for document return be likely to work, and will it likely jeopardise my application?

(3) Does anyone have experience with going in in person to the PEO and enquiring about documents/application status? I live 2 hours from Birmingham but am worried about our passports disappearing into the void!

you can try calling them on the helpline 03001232241, option 3 then 2. hopefully, you will get someone who can help you. Goodluck!!!

radiogaga
Newly Registered

Post by radiogaga » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks for the reply - I called them yesterday, and unfortunately they just told me that they are unable to access my application unless it was made more than 8 weeks ago, in line with their published service standards. (When I called 0121 7133229, they said they could only discuss it if more than FOURTEEN weeks had passed. I have no idea where these rules come from.) So, basically, they said there was nothing they could do to help. Hence I'm hoping someone on this board has some experience that might be relevant to my case. Thank you!

molliepaiget
Newly Registered

Post by molliepaiget » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:52 pm

babymama wrote:I finally got an email today from the Home Office about my situation after several emails and calls. I also got my case I.D which I have forwarded to my employer (at least now they can get off my back). In all, things are looking up and I am expecting my biometric letter soon.
That's promising to hear! I'm in a similar boat in terms of no acknowledgement letter, or charge to my credit card for the application fee. I can see they received my application on 21 Sept via Special Delivery, but haven't heard anything from them yet :( When I applied for my first FLRM (this is my renewal application), they charged me the day after they received it and sent a letter straight away.

I'll try calling that number you listed tomorrow and hope they give me some answers. Fingers crossed...!

x

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:11 am

radiogaga wrote:Thanks for the reply - I called them yesterday, and unfortunately they just told me that they are unable to access my application unless it was made more than 8 weeks ago, in line with their published service standards. (When I called 0121 7133229, they said they could only discuss it if more than FOURTEEN weeks had passed. I have no idea where these rules come from.) So, basically, they said there was nothing they could do to help. Hence I'm hoping someone on this board has some experience that might be relevant to my case. Thank you!

Have you heard anything positive yet?
You can follow up with email to their complaints department detailing your situation. Dont forget to include your full name, date of birth, address, Case I.D (if you have it) and nationality, they will need that to trace your application.

public.enquires@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope this helps somehow.

Goodluck!!!

penzee123
Newly Registered

Post by penzee123 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 am

Hi forum members
I applied FLR M on 12th of August after withdrawing FLR FP appeal now we are in 8th week but nothing hear from HO after biometric given on 25th August
Any one in same situation?????? :?: :?:

penzee123
Newly Registered

Post by penzee123 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi forum members
I applied FLR M on 12th of August after withdrawing FLR FP appeal now we are in 8th week but nothing hear from HO after biometric given on 25th August
Anyone in similar situation?????? :?: :?:

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:24 pm

penzee123 wrote:Hi forum members
Anyone in similar situation?????? :?: :?:

I heard they are having problems with their system and this has kind of crippled the progress of most applications. Maybe this is why there is so much delay.
Dont worry, you should have it soon.

radiogaga
Newly Registered

Post by radiogaga » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:34 am

babymama wrote:
radiogaga wrote:Thanks for the reply - I called them yesterday, and unfortunately they just told me that they are unable to access my application unless it was made more than 8 weeks ago, in line with their published service standards. (When I called 0121 7133229, they said they could only discuss it if more than FOURTEEN weeks had passed. I have no idea where these rules come from.) So, basically, they said there was nothing they could do to help. Hence I'm hoping someone on this board has some experience that might be relevant to my case. Thank you!

Have you heard anything positive yet?
You can follow up with email to their complaints department detailing your situation. Dont forget to include your full name, date of birth, address, Case I.D (if you have it) and nationality, they will need that to trace your application.

public.enquires@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I hope this helps somehow.

Goodluck!!!
Thanks babymama! I will look into this route; haven't heard anything yet. You mentioned problems with their system - any idea if this applies to all applications, or was it for a specific category?

babymama
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by babymama » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:46 am

Thanks babymama! I will look into this route; haven't heard anything yet. You mentioned problems with their system - any idea if this applies to all applications, or was it for a specific category?[/quote]

I am not sure if it applies to a specific category but I assuming it is for all their system cos those for ILR have complained about experiencing delays as well.

krp001
Newly Registered

Post by krp001 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Did anyone having to go to do biometric enrolment again? Basically we applied for my wife on 10th sep and given biometric on 22nd Sep but had a letter this morning that its not been successful so have to go again but when we went to the post office again they charged us again another £19.20 which is I think wrong because its not our fault.

Who should I complain to? Post office says you go to take it up with home office. Doesn't sound right.

penzee123
Newly Registered

Post by penzee123 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:34 pm

We submitted our application on 12 August and Biometrics On 25th August Since then we haven't heard a word and the eight week deadline is fast closing in.
Does the home office notify you by email or text When they are not deciding an application in 8 week time ????
Starting to worry that they may have sent some correspondence through that got lost en route.
Anyone in similar situation I am so worried and in stress too :mrgreen: