ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence application LOST 1st PASSPORT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frances1900
Newly Registered

10 years long residence application LOST 1st PASSPORT

Post by frances1900 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Hello Everyone

I have been living in the UK for 10 years, and I am preparing to apply for ILR under the condition of 10 years continues residence. I had 6.5 years Tier 4 student visa and 3.5 years Tier 2 working visa. Besides, I have met all requirements for the ILR visa.

However, my first passport and police registration certificate were stolen during a business trip in France in which the passport covers the first 4 years of my travel records :idea: . As suggested by many people, I have requested SAR report from HO. The report shows that the HO has my full visa application records, but they do not have any landing cards etc to prove that I stayed within the required time limits. In order to compensate the information loss, I have gathered some information to support my application. The evidences are listed as follows:

1. Graduation certificates for Master and PhD degrees
2. A supporting letter from my PhD supervisor proving my leave during the study and stolen event in France as he witnessed
3. All flight booking records
4. Bank statement and payslip of part-time job during the period that covered by first passport
5. An cover letter to explain the complexity of my case

I know that the ILR application can be made in person in premium service center now. If I choose to apply for the visa in person, is there any possibility that I can get the result on the day considering my complex situation? If I cannot get the result immediately, what is the process?

Please help if you know anything related to my case! Many thanks for your time and help!!!! :!:

frances1900
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence application LOST 1st PASSPORT

Post by frances1900 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:27 pm

please help!!!

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:55 pm

A Long Residence application requires you to prove that you have been in the UK lawfully for 10 years and that you have adhered to specified absence limits.

You are missing a passport for the first four years, crucially including the data of your first entry in the UK in addition to other data.

I would say that such an application is not straightforward and should be applied by post.

If you were to go to a PEO/PSC and they felt that the application was not straightforward, they will inform you of that and your application will be treated as if it was received by post. But you will not be refunded the PEO fee (I believe it is £400 in addition to the £1500 for ILR).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

tiredoftiers

Post by tiredoftiers » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:01 pm

I'm sorry if I misunderstood you but I do not understand why a person would separate his previous passport when he has a valid passport in all cases I have seen passports old and new are kept together when travelling. if this was the case why your current passport was not taken with when you had your previous passport stolen?
and did you report it to police that you have had your passport stolen?

but if you are trying to say you had a passport with a valid leave(visa sticker) in it and you lost it, in such cases and police report is obtained new passport is applied and transfer of conditions is requested for old visa to be transferred onto new passport, if this was the case you should not worry because you would have applied for new passport and old visa transfer to new passport at that time. documents you list are sufficient for this purpose that you were in country and you seem safe for same day service you are thinking of.

if none of above express your story properly you might want to reword you wrote

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:15 pm

@tiredoftiers,

It is not a matter of just the visa vignettes, but also the entry stamps to prove the time that he has been out of the UK as well as proof of the date of first arrival (Long Residence applications take into account the date of first arrival, not the date of visa grant).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

tiredoftiers

Post by tiredoftiers » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:21 pm

yes true that

he has mentioned that he has all that in place !

his absences being more than 540 in total and over 6 month at a single time will attract application being refused it has not got anything to do with same day application !

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:55 pm

Remember that it is the applicant's duty to convince the Home Office that he meets the requirements.

He may have proof of the trips that he has taken abroad, but how can he convince them that those are all the trips that he has taken and that he has not "lost" some flight data? Passports are stamped and/or scanned as a matter of routine (except for EEA citizens) and are much more certain proof that the person's details on dates are correct.

Also, how does the OP conclusively prove the date of first entry?

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:57 pm

secret.simon wrote:Remember that it is the applicant's duty to convince the Home Office that he meets the requirements.

He may have proof of the trips that he has taken abroad, but how can he convince them that those are all the trips that he has taken and that he has not "lost" some flight data? Passports are stamped and/or scanned as a matter of routine (except for EEA citizens) and are much more certain proof that the person's details on dates are correct.

Also, how does the OP conclusively prove the date of first entry?
Why dont you provide the list of alternate methods to convince HO, You sounds like you have quite good experience with Passports etc

Help the brother, God will help you one day

frances1900
Newly Registered

Post by frances1900 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Many thanks everyone!

MBel
Newly Registered

Post by MBel » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi Frances,

I am in a similar situation to you with no records of my travels (I don't have my first passport).

Was your application successful? And were you able to apply in person?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M

jobby2010
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by jobby2010 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Dear Frances and Mbel,

Good day I am in the same situation and I have misplaced my first passport. What was your response when you made the application to home office? Many Thanks

Regards

Job

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:32 pm

jobby2010 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:24 pm
Dear Frances and Mbel,

Good day I am in the same situation and I have misplaced my first passport. What was your response when you made the application to home office? Many Thanks

Regards

Job
Kindly start your own topic with your circumstances and questions instead of tagging onto a topic from 2015. The members posting in this topic have not logged into the forum for over a year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.