ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependent of Tier 2 PBS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fdalam
Newly Registered

ILR for dependent of Tier 2 PBS

Post by fdalam » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:23 pm

I am applying for ILR on the basis of Tier 2 PBS Visa.

My wife came to the UK in Feb. 2012 as a Tier 2 dependent and her current Tier 2 dependent visa will expire in 2017. she is not applying with me in a same SET(O) application because she has yet to pass B1 test. Therefore, I am planning to apply alone, and will apply for her ILR once I obtained my ILR visa. I know that if she apply with me in a same application, she will be on a 2 year route.

I need advise for the experts that if I got my ILR without applying for her in the same application, will I need to change her vsia status from Tier 2 dependent to "Dependent for a Settled Person" under FLR(M) and then applying for ILR OR will I be able to apply for her ILR without changing her status to FLR(M)? And will she be on a 2 year or 5 year route for ILR visa?

Please advise on the above and inform if you need further information.

Regards,
fdalam.

vinny

Re: ILR for dependent of Tier 2 PBS

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:59 am

fdalam wrote:will I be able to apply for her ILR without changing her status to FLR(M)? And will she be on a 2 year or 5 year route for ILR visa?
Yes. She is still on the two year route. Hopefully, she won't encounter a poorly trained caseworker.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fdalam
Newly Registered

Post by fdalam » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:15 pm

Thank you for the response, Vinny...

fdalam
Newly Registered

Post by fdalam » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 am

I am applying for ILR on Tier 2 basis in this October. My current salary is £29900 based on 37.5 hours/week, and my sponsorship letter was based on that time salary requirement of £27,500 on 37.5 hours/week. But in accordance with Code of Practice, the salary requirement for ILR on my Tier 2 visa is £30,000 based on 39 hours/week. If I am able to use my equivalent salary on the basis of 39 hour/week, then my current salary becomes £31,096, which is greater than the requirement.

Could someone please advise whether I'll be able to use the equivalent salary in my application?

Thank in advance for responses.

Regards,
fdalam