ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALIASATION PROCESS REQUIREMENT WHO IS ON ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jignesh455

NATURALIASATION PROCESS REQUIREMENT WHO IS ON ILR

Post by jignesh455 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Hello Forum,
I am going to apply Naturalisation soon. I have got my ILR on 10 years basis. For the naturalisation what are the requiremnts please? In terms of reference and i will be appreciated if someone can light on this query please?

Regards :D :D :D :D
jignesh

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: NATURALIASATION PROCESS REQUIREMENT WHO IS ON ILR

Post by chocolateorange88 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Suggestion: Google AN form guidance notes, have a read and also Google AN form and have a look!

Unless im mistaken you have to wait for 12 months on ILR unless married to a british citizen

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:20 pm

jignesh455 wrote:Hello Forum,
I am going to apply Naturalisation soon. I have got my ILR on 10 years basis. For the naturalisation what are the requiremnts please? In terms of reference and i will be appreciated if someone can light on this query please?

Regards :D :D :D :D
See forum FAQs on this topic.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:35 am

Thanks@ noajthan. As i still have a time but i want to gather information in advance. Are you a citizen yet? Just wanted to know can we apply 28 days before in your 1 year ILR given time. Please advise
jignesh

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:35 pm

chocolateorange88 wrote:Suggestion: Google AN form guidance notes, have a read and also Google AN form and have a look!

Unless im mistaken you have to wait for 12 months on ILR unless married to a british citizen
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

this is the link i have found out and it is very useful too. But can i apply 29 days before in my 12 months period time?
jignesh

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:02 pm

A list of acceptable professional referees can find on the below links if anyone is looking for:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
jignesh

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:28 pm

You will need to complete a full 12 months ILR if using 5 year route!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:28 pm

jignesh455 wrote:Just wanted to know can we apply 28 days before in your 1 year ILR given time. Please advise
No, there is no 28 day grace period for citizenship applications. You have to hold ILR for a full 12 months, unless married to a British Citizen.

Please look at the form and guidance notes but remember that the forms do change and you will need to apply on the most up to date form when you reach that point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:32 pm

CR001 wrote:
jignesh455 wrote:Just wanted to know can we apply 28 days before in your 1 year ILR given time. Please advise
No, there is no 28 day grace period for citizenship applications. You have to hold ILR for a full 12 months, unless married to a British Citizen.

Please look at the form and guidance notes but remember that the forms do change and you will need to apply on the most up to date form when you reach that point.

Modt likely the AN form and guidance will change in November to allign with the discontinuation of ESOL and all those in the transitional list!

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 am

CR001 wrote:

I appreciate your advise buddy. As you said that one has to spend 12 months on ILR so I think I will wait after 12 months than. One more thing need to ask if I go to abroad for like 30 to 40 days. It will be considered as a gap or my 12 month period is valid if I come back to within 40 days in the whole 12 months period. Cheers
jignesh

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:02 pm

CR001 wrote:

Thanks buddy. appreciated.
jignesh