ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR application - EEA A8 married to British Citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

davidm1986
Newly Registered

PR application - EEA A8 married to British Citizen

Post by davidm1986 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi,

I struggle to complete my EEA Permanent Residency form;

I’m Polish married to a British citizen; shall I put my wife’s details in Section 2, as my Sponsor?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Dawid

noajthan

Re: PR application - EEA A8 married to British Citizen

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:51 pm

davidm1986 wrote:Hi,

I struggle to complete my EEA Permanent Residency form;

I’m Polish married to a British citizen; shall I put my wife’s details in Section 2, as my Sponsor?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Dawid
If you (as an EEA national) are applying for confirmation of PR in your own right (ie you have exercised treaty rights) then you are the main applicant & don't have a sponsor.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

davidm1986
Newly Registered

Post by davidm1986 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:56 pm

davidm1986 wrote:If you (as an EEA national) are applying for confirmation of PR in your own right (ie you have exercised treaty rights) then you are the main applicant & don't have a sponsor.
do I still need to exercise 5 years treaty rights if applying as a spouse; or is it 3 years ?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:18 pm

You need to exercise treaty rights for 5 continuous years to attain PR, even if married to a BC.
The only thing that being married to a BC changes is that you do not need to have PR for 12 months if you want to apply for citizenship, and you could therefore apply for citizenship as soon as you have PR (if you so wish).
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.