ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kalpesh_43
Newly Registered

English Requirement

Post by kalpesh_43 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:16 am

Hello Guys,
I need some advise on my wife's naturalisation application at NCS booked on 29th October.
she had passed English exam at trinity college. The exam was A1 at CEFR ( Graded examination in spoken English Entry level 1). It was used in ILR process with no problem and is valid until 2018. Is this test valid for naturalisation or needs to appear for another one.

Thanks

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: English Requirement

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:28 am

kalpesh_43 wrote:Hello Guys,
I need some advise on my wife's naturalisation application at NCS booked on 29th October.
she had passed English exam at trinity college. The exam was A1 at CEFR ( Graded examination in spoken English Entry level 1). It was used in ILR process with no problem and is valid until 2018. Is this test valid for naturalisation or needs to appear for another one.

Thanks

How long as she had ILR cos for ILR and Naturslisation you need B1 exam!! Although if your wife has had ILR for quite a while, it may explain why the A1 was accepted!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:32 am

kalpesh_43 wrote:Hello Guys,

Thanks
ESOL B1 @CEFR (ie Entry Level 3) is required for proof of English for citizenship.
That is one current option.

However note, as per Gov UK website, due to a policy change:
ESOL certificates will no longer be acceptable after November (5 November).

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

kalpesh_43
Newly Registered

Post by kalpesh_43 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks guys for your reply. I have checked the new tests valid from Aug-15 on home office website that includes the test trinity college A1 ( Graded Examination in Spoken English grade 2) so I am confused.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
Could you please anyone clarify it.

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:53 pm

kalpesh_43 wrote:Thanks guys for your reply. I have checked the new tests valid from Aug-15 on home office website that includes the test trinity college A1 ( Graded Examination in Spoken English grade 2) so I am confused.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
Could you please anyone clarify it.

Thanks
The SELT list is a composite list.

For citizenship B1 CEFR is required; other purposes (visas) may accept A1 CEFR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.