ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after naturalization certificate how to apply for passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BEENAEEM

after naturalization certificate how to apply for passport

Post by BEENAEEM » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:43 am

we got ilr this year in may . now i am eligible to apply for naturalisation next yera in may. i want to confirm the process. i have to fill up the form and then go to local council office with all teh documents. they will receive it and then later will get some date for BRP and will receive certificate in next 5 months or so. then i will appy for british passport. will i have to fill the form? will i have to appear for interview? then what will happen next? i am very confused. also my children are under 18 but have got ilr with me how and when apply for their passport as they dont have to apply for naturalisation.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Re: after naturalization certificate how to apply for passpo

Post by chocolateorange88 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:05 am

BEENAEEM wrote:we got ilr this year in may . now i am eligible to apply for naturalisation next yera in may. i want to confirm the process. i have to fill up the form and then go to local council office with all teh documents. they will receive it and then later will get some date for BRP and will receive certificate in next 5 months or so. then i will appy for british passport. will i have to fill the form? will i have to appear for interview? then what will happen next? i am very confused. also my children are under 18 but have got ilr with me how and when apply for their passport as they dont have to apply for naturalisation.

If you decide to use NCS@ the council, you will get tour original documts back except the Life In The UK test.

Once the Home Office acknowledge And debit the fees, you will receive a letter instructing you to go to the Post Office for Biometrics!

After that, you wait as long as it takes for a decision.
If you're approved you will receive a letter from the Home Office confirming approval and another letter from council inviting you to book your place for a Ceremony. At the end of the Ceremony your certificate will be handed to you!

Only then you fill in the British passport form, enclosing right documents, a small photograph of you and a referee.
Later you will receive a letter to book an identity interview and once theyre satisfied of your identity you receive the new passport shortly after!

BEENAEEM

Re: after naturalization certificate how to apply for passpo

Post by BEENAEEM » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:23 am

thanks a lot for such a good summary