ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK but living abroad - Please advice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AlbertHung
Newly Registered

Child born in UK but living abroad - Please advice

Post by AlbertHung » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:38 am

Hi all,
My first child was born in 2005 in Wales. Due to studies and working issues, my wife and I decided to bring our child to Brunei as my parents agreed to look after her for us. She left UK in 2006 when she was 9 months old and she'll be 10yrs old next month. I'm currently holding ILR and next week I'll send out the AN form for naturalisation as British citizen and also MN1 form for our second child to register as British.

My question now is,
1. Do I have to apply for entry clearance for my first child to enter UK then apply on ILR or MN1?
2. Can I submit another MN1 for my first child next week with my application (1xAN + 2xMN1)?

Please advice. Many thanks

vinny

Re: Child born in UK but living abroad - Please advice

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:49 pm

Child is entitled to register now.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AlbertHung
Newly Registered

Post by AlbertHung » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:41 pm

vinny wrote:Child is entitled to register now.
Hi vinny, thanks for replying. Child is currently in Brunei. Do I submit her MN1 form together next week her in UK or in Brunei?
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:02 pm

I think that she requires biometrics.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.