ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What type of visa for my Spouse?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moulie18

What type of visa for my Spouse?

Post by moulie18 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:36 am

Hi dear members,

My wife entered the UK in November 2006 as a student.
She has been granted "spouse/partner" visa in 2013.
Her visa is expiring in May, 2016. She has done her Masters degree in the UK university and passed life in the UK test in 2013.
I am british citizen. Our son as well british.

Can you kindly let me know what type of visa we should apply for her?
Thanks a lot.
Kind regards,
Moulie

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: What type of visa for my Spouse?

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:37 pm

Same visa, spouse extension, same financial criteria plus this time the IHS fee of £600.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Correct, but NHS surcharge is £500.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Casa wrote:Correct, but NHS surcharge is £500.
Damn! I put in brackets 'or is to £500?' and then deleted it!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:19 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Casa wrote:Correct, but NHS surcharge is £500.
Damn! I put in brackets 'or is to £500?' and then deleted it!
Gotcha! :wink: The confusion is that a spouse visa application submitted outside of the UK is £600 (33 months) and FLR(M) £500 30 months. I'll be testing you later.....
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

moulie18

Post by moulie18 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:27 pm

Casa, wanderer.
Thank you very much for your information.
What is the financial requirements??
I am full time employed with 35K+ salary, but I can not provide statements(if i am asked)
NHS fee.... kheh.. its a rip off....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:10 pm

Why can't you provide statements of earnings? This will be mandatory to prove £18,600 p.a income. 6 months of pay slips + 6 months of bank statements and ideally, P60.
(Casa, not CR001)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:13 pm

moulie18 wrote:Casa, wanderer.
Thank you very much for your information.
What is the financial requirements??
I am full time employed with 35K+ salary, but I can not provide statements(if i am asked)
NHS fee.... kheh.. its a rip off....
I think you mean NOT a rip off - it's cheap fully comprehensive health insurance, all pre-existing conditions accepted, why should it be given freely?

moulie18

Post by moulie18 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:44 am

Hi casa. Thank your your fast response.
As I said I could not provide statements, because my balance in my account likes to be around 0... sometimes goes back to overdraft too. Do you think it is accepted to provide such statements ?
Thanks a lot.
Casa wrote:Why can't you provide statements of earnings? This will be mandatory to prove £18,600 p.a income. 6 months of pay slips + 6 months of bank statements and ideally, P60.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:56 am

Also refer to Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Armanalmas

Post by Armanalmas » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:19 am

Hi every one.
I got a guestiom which not really relevant to this thread, but I will appreciate any help.
I will be applying for my wife spouse visa next month . today my employer made a mistake he transferred my wages to my account he has used his own name as a reference not the business name like he has used his business name in the last five months.
His name is also written on the payslips next to his business
Will this have any effect will the visa officer think why is the last five months wages transfered on business name into my bank account and this month is not. It's on his name.
Shall we transfer it again or leave as its because we can't change the name. Plz help.
Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:53 am

Armanalmas wrote:Hi every one.
I got a guestiom which not really relevant to this thread, but I will appreciate any help.
I will be applying for my wife spouse visa next month . today my employer made a mistake he transferred my wages to my account he has used his own name as a reference not the business name like he has used his business name in the last five months.
His name is also written on the payslips next to his business
Will this have any effect will the visa officer think why is the last five months wages transfered on business name into my bank account and this month is not. It's on his name.
Shall we transfer it again or leave as its because we can't change the name. Plz help.
Thanks.
Please post this in your own thread. As you've said, it isn't relevant to the member's situation and it will only cause confusion.
(Casa, not CR001)