ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Employment section of AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RemoTheBoss
Newly Registered

Help with Employment section of AN form

Post by RemoTheBoss » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Hello everyone.

Firstly just a background, I am 22 years old and I moved to UK with my family in 2008 and my dad has British citizenship. I have completed my college and finished my BSc degree in UK and now I am doing my Masters (full time) in UCL. Now to the question, in the AN application form, it asks for details of the employment and the question (1.49 Are you:) has 4 options such as an employee, a business partner, self employed, a director?
How can i say I am a student as none of these applies to me at the moment.

Can anyone please clarify this?

Thanks

noajthan

Re: Help with Employment section of AN form

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:45 pm

RemoTheBoss wrote:Hello everyone.

Firstly just a background, I am 22 years old and I moved to UK with my family in 2008 and my dad has British citizenship. I have completed my college and finished my BSc degree in UK and now I am doing my Masters (full time) in UCL. Now to the question, in the AN application form, it asks for details of the employment and the question (1.49 Are you:) has 4 options such as an employee, a business partner, self employed, a director?
How can i say I am a student as none of these applies to me at the moment.

Can anyone please clarify this?

Thanks
Answer Q1.48 ("Student" or "Not in employment") & then (by implication) leave Q1.49 blank as it doesn't apply.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

RemoTheBoss
Newly Registered

Post by RemoTheBoss » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:50 pm

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

RemoTheBoss
Newly Registered

Post by RemoTheBoss » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Hello, I have one more question.

I am confused about the section where it asks 'your mother's full name and maiden name'. Should i write her current full name and also the maiden name (the name before she got married)?

Thanks for any help

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:47 pm

RemoTheBoss wrote:I am confused about the section where it asks 'your mother's full name and maiden name'. Should i write her current full name and also the maiden name (the name before she got married)?
From memory, that question has 2 lines for the answer. What my wife did when she completed the form is use the first line for her mum's current name, and the second for her mum's maiden name - giving the relevant full name on both lines.