ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application for Wife and Child currently PBS dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devbarjatya
Newly Registered

ILR Application for Wife and Child currently PBS dependent

Post by devbarjatya » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:08 pm

Hello All

Sorry for the pain but I have a few basic questions as I need now to apply ILR for my wife and children as now I am currently on ILR (Settlement ,effective from Last week June-30th, 2014)

They are currently on PBS dependent leave which is expiring next Month.( 07-Aug-2014)

Essential details:

1. I got my Settlement last Month ( I used ILR Set O form). It was via the 5 year Tier-1(PBS) route which was initially started in Nov 2008.( Tier-1 Gen PBS )
Wife and Kid also got the PBS dependent leave along with me for three years ending Nov 2011.
2. Applied together ( Tier-1 extension) and granted leave for all three of us until ( 07 Aug-2014 for two years.). They took some time in decision as I made a Postal application, so the total period extended to more than 5 years). Wife and Kid currently on PBS dependent leave.
3. As my wife did not prepare the life in UK test , I did not want to take risk and applied myself alone for ILR on SET O via premium service as it was coming to end in August . I was granted settlement on the same day ( Validity 10 years, Granted last Month Settlement)
4. As my wife has spent more than two years , actually even more than 5 years with me in UK, I am a bit confused as to what form to use and what documents to arrange? She has passed her life in UK test now and attempting ESOL B1 english exam which I hope she will pass when her result arrive next week.

Please advise URGENTLY the questions below.

My questions are:
1.What correct form to use Set M or Set O or any other?
2.How many cohabitation documents I need to provide in our Joint name?
3.Any funds requirements? It says about £18K which should be fine as my income is more than £40k.
4.Is it okay if I can get the settlement service check done by Council and than go for Premier appointment to get the same day decision.

Appreciate your assistance.

many Thanks
Devb

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application for Wife and Child currently PBS depende

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:08 am

SET(O). Cohabitation documents since the last extension up to a max. of 2 years, e.g. council tax bills in joint names. Ideally, 1 joint letter or a letter each for every 4 months over the last 2 years from a total of at least 3 different sources. No funds required. No you cannot use the SCS. B1 English and LIUK required.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

devbarjatya
Newly Registered

Post by devbarjatya » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi
Amber
Thanks for the prompt reply and ready assistance. Much appreciated.
Best Regards
Dev

Hiran29
Newly Registered

Post by Hiran29 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:29 am

Dear Amber / Other member

Can I include a child under 18 in my wife ILR application? They were both have been PBS dependents when I was on Tier 1 General visa. A quick response is appreciated.
devbarjatya wrote:Hello All

Sorry for the pain but I have a few basic questions as I need now to apply ILR for my wife and children as now I am currently on ILR (Settlement ,effective from Last week June-30th, 2014)

They are currently on PBS dependent leave which is expiring next Month.( 07-Aug-2014)

Essential details:

1. I got my Settlement last Month ( I used ILR Set O form). It was via the 5 year Tier-1(PBS) route which was initially started in Nov 2008.( Tier-1 Gen PBS )
Wife and Kid also got the PBS dependent leave along with me for three years ending Nov 2011.
2. Applied together ( Tier-1 extension) and granted leave for all three of us until ( 07 Aug-2014 for two years.). They took some time in decision as I made a Postal application, so the total period extended to more than 5 years). Wife and Kid currently on PBS dependent leave.
3. As my wife did not prepare the life in UK test , I did not want to take risk and applied myself alone for ILR on SET O via premium service as it was coming to end in August . I was granted settlement on the same day ( Validity 10 years, Granted last Month Settlement)
4. As my wife has spent more than two years , actually even more than 5 years with me in UK, I am a bit confused as to what form to use and what documents to arrange? She has passed her life in UK test now and attempting ESOL B1 english exam which I hope she will pass when her result arrive next week.

Please advise URGENTLY the questions below.

My questions are:
1.What correct form to use Set M or Set O or any other?
2.How many cohabitation documents I need to provide in our Joint name?
3.Any funds requirements? It says about £18K which should be fine as my income is more than £40k.
4.Is it okay if I can get the settlement service check done by Council and than go for Premier appointment to get the same day decision.

Appreciate your assistance.

many Thanks
Devb

Hiran29
Newly Registered

Post by Hiran29 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:32 am

Dear Amber / Other members

Can I include a child under 18 in my wife ILR application? Or do I have to fill separate SET O application for my wife and the child? They were both have been PBS dependents when I was on Tier 1 General visa. A quick response is appreciated.
Amber wrote:SET(O). Cohabitation documents since the last extension up to a max. of 2 years, e.g. council tax bills in joint names. Ideally, 1 joint letter or a letter each for every 4 months over the last 2 years from a total of at least 3 different sources. No funds required. No you cannot use the SCS. B1 English and LIUK required.

Cinna
Newly Registered

Post by Cinna » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Hi Hiran,

I am in a similar situation. Please advice the course of action you are taking.
Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Saidle.

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:10 pm

Guys the main applicant should be the wife and kid should be her dependent on the same ser(o) firm .
My query is where do I enter main applicant details who has approved ILR?or should I submit only co hibition documents?
Should I submit my original biometric card or the photocopy ?
Plz advice

Hiran29
Newly Registered

Post by Hiran29 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:29 pm

Hi Guys

We applied using one day service for my wife and the child. The child was included in wife application. I wrote a covering letter supporting their application and included my original BRP with their application. Since it was one day service we got them all back on the same day (after like 2 hours). Hope this will help you guys in your ILR application. Good luck. Keep us informed what has happened.

We submitted cohabitation documents from different sources for the last 3 years. Application was submitted in September 2014.

JKS99
Newly Registered

Post by JKS99 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi Hiran,

I am trying to book an appointment for my two dependants.
A quick question..

While booking for the PEO, did you pick your wife as main applicant and the child as her dependant??

Thanks in advance.

JKS

Hiran29
Newly Registered

Post by Hiran29 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:54 am

JKS99 wrote:Hi Hiran,

I am trying to book an appointment for my two dependants.
A quick question..

While booking for the PEO, did you pick your wife as main applicant and the child as her dependant??

Thanks in advance.

JKS
Hi JKS
Yes child was her dependent

Good luck with your family ILR