ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for dependents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

merkkrazy
Newly Registered

ILR for dependents

Post by merkkrazy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi All

I have read a lot of posts about the application for the dependent person, but couldn't get a clear answer. Here is my situation:

1. Got Tier-1 (G) in Nov-2010. Wife was with me at that time in the UK, so applied for her as well as a dependent.
2. Tier-1 (G) expiring in Nov-2015, and now we are 3 (son-4 yrs) in the family.

Questions:

1. How many SET (O) forms do I need to fill? I guess only 1 (for myself)? Section-2 should take care of my wife's details. Is that correct? or does she need to fill another SET (O) form along with me?
2. My son, as he was born in the UK, need not apply. Is this correct? I guess he can apply for registration of BC once we get the ILR?

Thanks
Merk

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR for dependents

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:39 pm

1. One form for both you and your wife with her as dependent.

2. You can skip ILR for UK born child. Once you receive your ILR, you can register child as British on Form MN1 under section 1(3) of the nationality act.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

merkkrazy
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for dependents

Post by merkkrazy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks for the reply. So, i don't even have to mention about my son in Section-2 of the form as a dependant?

Rgds
Merk