ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Blue Card holder - Student Transitional arrangements 2011

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

monab
Newly Registered

Blue Card holder - Student Transitional arrangements 2011

Post by monab » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum, but I have been reading it for a along time and it is immensely useful.

My main question is: Did anyone here applied for British citizenship under the transitional arrangements for students (June 2011) with exemption for comprehensive health insurance because they held a Blue card? (not a Yellow card)

More details below:
I am an A2 EEA national with the intention to apply for British citizenship.
This question relates to European casework instructions - Chapter 6 (Permanent residence) - Annex B (Comprehensive sickness insurance – Transitional arrangements for students.

This document clearly states that Yellow card holders that applied before 20th of June 2011 will not be rejected for permanent residence purely based on not holding a comprehensive health insurance during their studies. The requirement writes as follows:
' UKBA issued a registration certificate to the applicant on the basis of their residence in the UK as a student before 20th June 2011.'

My (more elaborate) question is: Does the above apply also for Blue card registration certificate holders? My application for Blue card registration certificate was made in January 2011 on the basis of satisfying the postgraduate diploma requirements within the course I was registered in (I did not have the masters degree diploma yet). This means that the Blue card registration certificate was issue based on the fact that the applicant was a student. No comprehensive health insurance was required to obtain this certificate.
In this case, is the Blue card considered as a 'registration certificate (issued) to the applicant on the basis of their residence in the UK as a student' ? Or, in other words, will my time as a student before January 2011 Blue card application be considered for permanent residence, even without holding a comprehensive health insurance?

Many thanks to all in advance!
Mona

monab
Newly Registered

Re: Blue Card holder - Student Transitional arrangements 20

Post by monab » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:06 pm

Please pardon my mistake, can't edit it now : ' Did anyone here *apply ...'