ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Sponsorship Withdrawn

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UrgentMatter
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Sponsorship Withdrawn

Post by UrgentMatter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:30 am

Hi All,

First post on this forum! I would need some advice here please..

I have been with my company for almost 4 years and was recently made redundant due to the drop in oil price. As a result, my Tier 2 sponsorship was withdrawn and I have about 60 days (as I was told) to get another job. I am seriously looking for job, but it has not been easy to get a company that is willing sponsor me. I get the feeling that most of the companies are looking for someone that doesn't require sponsorship, as it makes things easier for them. If I were to still be on Tier 2 visa, then I would have approximately 2 more years to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain. As situation has changed, I am looking to explore other options to remain in UK LEGALLY. I can't afford the GBP 200,000 needed to switch to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur). Could someone more informed please advise on what options I could consider.

Thanks

UrgentMatter

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 Sponsorship Withdrawn

Post by hassanh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:28 am

You will have 60 days from the date UKVI issue you a curtailment letter. They usually take around a month or 2 to send this curtailment letter out so hopefully you have around 3 months legally in UK.

I know its extremely hard to get employment under Tier 2 but keep on searching and hopefully you will find some employer ready to sponsor you.

Other option is Tier 4 student visa if feasible for you but you will loose you ILR qualification time then unless you are somewhere near 10 year residence in UK.

Thanks

UrgentMatter
Newly Registered

Post by UrgentMatter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:38 pm

hassanh wrote:You will have 60 days from the date UKVI issue you a curtailment letter. They usually take around a month or 2 to send this curtailment letter out so hopefully you have around 3 months legally in UK.

I know its extremely hard to get employment under Tier 2 but keep on searching and hopefully you will find some employer ready to sponsor you.

Other option is Tier 4 student visa if feasible for you but you will loose you ILR qualification time then unless you are somewhere near 10 year residence in UK.

Thanks
Hassanh,

Thank you for the information.

I haven't received any letter from UKVI. My last employment date was 30th June, so I am already counting my 60 days while searching for a new job. I came to the UK in 2009, so would have about 4 -5 more years to hit the 10 year mark....still got some ages to go! Hence, I don't think the Tier 4 route will be favourable.

My girlfriend got a new job to start in September and she is on Tier 2 visa. We are looking to get married in December. With my current situation, its obvious that I would have to go back home before my 60 days will come to an end, and then apply to come back as a spouse after our wedding. I am wondering if there is a legal way I could set the ball rolling and get on her visa before my 60 days elapse?

Thanks

UrgentMatter

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:37 pm

As I said, your 60 days will not start unless you receive curtailment letter from UKVI. They sometime take ages even months to send the letter after the employer has reported via sms. Do UKVI have your up to date address? Have you asked your employer whether your employer have informed about your redundancy via sms system? If yes, then when they reported it?

Lets wait for seniors to advice what you can do to stay in UK legally.

Regards,
Hassan

UrgentMatter
Newly Registered

Post by UrgentMatter » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:04 pm

How do i verify if they have my current address? Do i need to ring them? If so, what number do I ring?

Thanks

UrgentMatter

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:37 am

Hi,

If you have not moved your address since you made your last Tier 2 application then they must have your current address but still it is good to phone them and ask. Search for contact UKVI and google and you will get the number.

I would advise you to contact your employer first. It could be the case that they have not informed UKVI yet as some employers forget to do so.

Regards,
Hassan

rahulsrivastv
Newly Registered

Post by rahulsrivastv » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:41 pm

hassanh wrote:I would advise you to contact your employer first. It could be the case that they have not informed UKVI yet as some employers forget to do so.
SO does it mean if the employer forget to inform UKVI , then you can continue to stay and fine a new job in UK.Until they do and you receive the curtailment letter