ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Query on FLR FP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: Urgent Query on FLR FP

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:13 pm

trudyann wrote:Hi, I spoke to another Solicitor and he was saying i should apply for discretionary leave for 2.5 yrs then extend it later. What do you think.
Why discretionary leave , if you fall within the rules anyway.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:39 pm

We got to put a application in by the end of the month and i wanted to do the best one as i need to get my stay here my baby is only 4 months old the one who said i should go for discretionary i wont use him but i wanted to know what yor thoughts were. Now i will tell this Solicitor I want to go for the flr fp like he suggested first but i am not the main caretaker for our daughter because none of us is working. What if Home Office turns around and say my husband can take care of our daughter while i go back home and they visit me there. That is what he is worried about and they even said why cant my daughter go back home with me as she is young so i am really just confused this is our last shot we are running out of money.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:45 pm

The one for discretionary said its 1700 are is fees and the one for flr fp is 750.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi, I Put in an application for flr fp on 18/09/15 money was taken on 21/09/15. How long does it take for them to give acknowledgement and when will they send my baby's and husband documents back.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Can someone answer me please Obie i notice you dont reply to my post anymore and i put this aplication in only because of your encouragement.

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:54 pm

I also need to update my address but i am afraid as i will be going to my friend's house.My husband just bought a property but it would not be safe for the baby for a while, so my husband gonna stay in it and work on it at the same time. I am afraid HO will think that we don't live together as they said in their refusal letter. Please help me what should i do.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:25 pm

trudyann wrote:Can someone answer me please Obie i notice you dont reply to my post anymore and i put this aplication in only because of your encouragement.

Try to relax, you've done everything you can.

As you know its a government dept; it will just take the time it takes for your case to lurch through the system.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:30 pm

trudyann wrote:I also need to update my address but i am afraid as i will be going to my friend's house.My husband just bought a property but it would not be safe for the baby for a while, so my husband gonna stay in it and work on it at the same time. I am afraid HO will think that we don't live together as they said in their refusal letter. Please help me what should i do.
You can advise HO of a correspondence address &/or set up mail forwarding via Royal Mail.

Don' t overthink things; if circumstances change (as happens in life) tell HO, simply & honestly.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:47 pm

FLR (FP) form ...

Q 1.14 Your UK address - please inform us immediately if this changes

Q1.19 Your name and address in the UK for all correspondence about your application if different
from 1.14

Simples :!:

trudyann
Newly Registered

Post by trudyann » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:08 pm

Thanx noajthan will inform them fingers cross.