ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmalinconia

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by mmalinconia » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:23 pm

hi Nora, in your previous post you said you have a civil partnership certificate but the council says you have a marriage certificate? what's written on the certificate itself?

nora_804 wrote:Thank you all for the responce

my husband has called and heard at Wembley registry office where we were married, and they have confirmed that is genuine marriage and we received marriage certificate. But when we answered the questionnaire so we used the word "partnership" and it is because of that we thought it was the same as being married. I think they "caught us" on this.

I know we've made a fool of us hahahahahahha, but I did not know that there are different meanings

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:33 pm

kamoe wrote:
nora_804 wrote:
raf7 wrote:Hello, after the refusal when we apply for appeal, do we get a new COA for another 6 months ?
im not sure, but I have the right to appeal. But to be 100% sure I will send a new application to get a new COA for my husband. In the refusal letter they said you have to leave the country and make plan for this soon . I will not take the chance to let them send my husband out
I think, the most important thing you need to prove is that you both live and have lived where you say you live. How have you proved it in the previous application? Not having bills or any correspondence addressed to you will look suspicious to the HO, specially if you both live at his family's, not at yours, and he's the non-EEA. Try and collect any piece of correspondence, NHS letters, advertisements, personal letters (envelopes), anything that has been sent you you both or individually, to the address you have shared.
Vensai wrote:

my husband has called and heard at Wembley registry office where we were married, and they have confirmed that is genuine marriage and we received marriage certificate. But when we answered the questionnaire so we used the word "partnership" and it is because of that we thought it was the same as being married. I think they "caught us" on this.

I know we've made a fool of us hahahahahahha, but I did not know that there are different meanings
Sorry to hear about this Nora. But if I may ask, when you were granted the COA was it with work right ot without work right?

The reason I am asking is home office guidance states that married, will be issued COA with work right and I believe that some level of checking would have happened at that time.

And even otherwise, since your certificate is a valid marriage certificate, what is the reason for rejecting it if you had accidentally mentioned partnership. I think as opxa suggested it is better to write/call them and explain the situation.

Hi kamoe
My husband got COA with right to work because we are married. Believe me we have sent the all photos and marriage certificate,my husband mentioned that Iam his spouse in the application and in the questionnaire. He has always said that it's my wife, and we have written in pictures and pointed out who is on the images in both cermonies.

I do not think I need to explain what Islamic marriage is because what is ridiculous is that the caseworker has a very famous Islamic surname he or she should know what is islamic marrige mean for us muslim. I realize that they do their job and they have to follow the British rules and the Islamic marriage is not recognized in the UK legislation. But they should have acknowledged our British marriage. It looks like they are either blind or they will make our life miserable. They have not made any concrete reason for rejection
Application sent: 14.04.15
COA: 05.05.15
Passport requested: 03.09.15
Passport received: 15.09.15
Home office called my employer: 10.09.15
Im EEA citizen, RC for my husband
RC: Pending

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:39 pm

mmalinconia wrote:hi Nora, in your previous post you said you have a civil partnership certificate but the council says you have a marriage certificate? what's written on the certificate itself?

Certified copy of an Entry of Marriage, pursuant to the Marriage Act 1949 it is a light green/yellow paper

mmalinconia

Post by mmalinconia » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:46 pm

than it is a MARRIAGE!! so now I think they suspect your are not genuine... but we don't know what made them think it. the fact that you don't have bills together? or that you made a mistake in the questionnaire? did you provide any bank account statements with your application?
nora_804 wrote:
mmalinconia wrote:hi Nora, in your previous post you said you have a civil partnership certificate but the council says you have a marriage certificate? what's written on the certificate itself?

Certified copy of an Entry of Marriage, pursuant to the Marriage Act 1949 it is a light green/yellow paper

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:07 pm

mmalinconia wrote:than it is a MARRIAGE!! so now I think they suspect your are not genuine... but we don't know what made them think it. the fact that you don't have bills together? or that you made a mistake in the questionnaire? did you provide any bank account statements with your application?

Certified copy of an Entry of Marriage, pursuant to the Marriage Act 1949 it is a light green/yellow paper[/quote][/quote]

We send them bank account statements, we send them that I have been to job interview to have a better job, we send them my master degree diploma, we have send them my gym plan with my name and the date. letter with my name and the same address with my husband, and my GP. We live normal life in UK. Therfor I dont no what else we can do.

Me and my husband wants to move for ourselves soon, but if we do it now they come to suspect us even more? If we move out so we're going to pay the bills. But when you live with your family, everything is paid except mobile bills. I have not either mobile bill because I fill the sim card I swear to God I've never been so confused and helpless.

I sent them my conversations with my family who live in Norway and in the Middle East, I sent them pictures of that I am sending my family photos of my husband and me together and I have translated the calls into English so that they will understand that my big family congratulate us and my mother always asked me how's it going with my son in-laws. I have send them fly tickets when my own family was here in islamic marragie, and fly tickets when my family visit us twice in London this year

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:12 pm

nora_804 wrote:
raf7 wrote:Hello, after the refusal when we apply for appeal, do we get a new COA for another 6 months ?
im not sure, but I have the right to appeal. But to be 100% sure I will send a new application to get a new COA for my husband. In the refusal letter they said you have to leave the country and make plan for this soon . I will not take the chance to let them send my husband out
Hi Nora, in a phone call with Home Office a while ago, they told me that if re-apply, applicants lose their right to appeal.

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:16 pm

Nina Roche wrote:
nora_804 wrote:
Hi Nora, in a phone call with Home Office a while ago, they told me that if re-apply, applicants lose their right to appeal.
thank you nina for the information. I have to read about the law.

opxa
United Kingdom

Post by opxa » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:25 pm

nora_804 wrote:We send them bank account statements, we send them that I have been to job interview to have a better job, we send them my master degree diploma, we have send them my gym plan with my name and the date. letter with my name and the same address with my husband, and my GP. We live normal life in UK. Therfor I dont no what else we can do.

Me and my husband wants to move for ourselves soon, but if we do it now they come to suspect us even more? If we move out so we're going to pay the bills. But when you live with your family, everything is paid except mobile bills. I have not either mobile bill because I fill the sim card I swear to God I've never been so confused and helpless.

I sent them my conversations with my family who live in Norway and in the Middle East, I sent them pictures of that I am sending my family photos of my husband and me together and I have translated the calls into English so that they will understand that my big family congratulate us and my mother always asked me how's it going with my son in-laws. I have send them fly tickets when my own family was here in islamic marragie, and fly tickets when my family visit us twice in London this year
This could be a case of information overload, so much so that they couldn't find the forest for the trees. Some of what you sent them was unnecessary (such as your family visiting you in London and your conversations with your family in Norway). It's possible that in so much paperwork, they couldn't find what really mattered -- your marriage certificate.

opxa
United Kingdom

Post by opxa » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:36 pm

Also possible that they saw your islamic marriage paperwork and assumed that it was all you had to show for you marriage and didn't bother to look further for your UK marriage certificate from the Wembley Council.

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:35 pm

opxa wrote:Also possible that they saw your islamic marriage paperwork and assumed that it was all you had to show for you marriage and didn't bother to look further for your UK marriage certificate from the Wembley Council.
I agree with you in a way, I think it was too much . But when we sent the application so we sent not so much in the beginning. We sent a few pictures of us and our families, bank statements, marriage certificate British and Islamic

But when they sent us questionnaires and they were in doubt, we sent more photos, and proof that we spoke together and know together since 2012 , I sent USB with video of the Islamic ceremony. Because they ask you about who was there when you got married and names of everyone who was invited, they want proof of everything and if you do not have proof, you need to give reasons for it

ClaCarSa
Newly Registered

Post by ClaCarSa » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:26 pm

We send them bank account statements, we send them that I have been to job interview to have a better job, we send them my master degree diploma, we have send them my gym plan with my name and the date. letter with my name and the same address with my husband, and my GP. We live normal life in UK. Therfor I dont no what else we can do.

I sent them my conversations with my family who live in Norway and in the Middle East, I sent them pictures of that I am sending my family photos of my husband and me together and I have translated the calls into English so that they will understand that my big family congratulate us and my mother always asked me how's it going with my son in-laws. I have send them fly tickets when my own family was here in islamic marragie, and fly tickets when my family visit us twice in London this year[/quote]

Sorry about your situation right now . It's very important To show HO the proof of both of your living together and future living arrangement and joint financial responsibilities. As long as I know they require more hard evidence example in both name : Tenancy Agreement , DPS letter , council tax & utility bills, joint bank account or mortgage.
I would suggest to gather all the documents to show them that your relationship is durable. nowadays without enough living arrangements proof they take marriage is one of the marriage for immigration purpose.

billy.s1

Post by billy.s1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:11 am

BTW any good news???
App Sent: 01/06/15
Bio Sub: 16/06/15
COA: 26/06/15
RC: 18/11/15

PutiniEEA

Post by PutiniEEA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:53 am

Zedy wrote:
PutiniEEA wrote:
Hi zedy and gullposh

I had interview on 18 Sep ., still waiting

Let me know if guys receive good news,,, any idea how long they take, my application is over 6 months old

Good luck
Hey Putin, I suggest write to your MP that you've been waiting for over 6months now and you even had interview. I will write to them next week if tomorrow comes and we wont receive anything from them.
Don't take my advice as granted., m not solicitor, thanks :)

PutiniEEA

Post by PutiniEEA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:00 am

Zedy wrote:
PutiniEEA wrote:
Hi zedy and gullposh

I had interview on 18 Sep ., still waiting

Let me know if guys receive good news,,, any idea how long they take, my application is over 6 months old

Good luck
Hey Putin, I suggest write to your MP that you've been waiting for over 6months now and you even had interview. I will write to them next week if tomorrow comes and we wont receive anything from them.

I don't complaint too much because I request HO to delay, I had to sort out few things before I got married

I don't wanna piss them off.

Hopefully soon, God is watching , Jesus Christ is Lord

:)

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:00 am

Hi guys
I greatly appreciate all the help I have received from you and I am very grateful for all the response I received. I need some more advice of you and hope that you can come with some input here

My husband called Home office today to hear about what is required of evidence that Home office must have to be satisfied. The man who sits on the phone can not do so much as he is not a caseworker. But I have read previous posts that some of you have called HO and they asked for an immediate response and HO called you after two days. What number are you calling and how you can get in touch with the right person or caseworker? We want to appeal and contact Solvit, and write to the Pre-Action Protocol for Judicial Review as opxa mentioned before and MP, and some of you mentioned FIO requests but I do not know what it is ??

I will not exaggerate to contact everyone, but I will do everything to convince them that my husband has the right to a residence permit and that we are real couples. What do you think? Should I contact anyone or is it too much?
Thanks again guys

PutiniEEA

Post by PutiniEEA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:35 am

Hi Nora

Which number ur husband dialled, is it this : 0300 123 2253 ???

I spoke , they said write a letter, no information can be provided over phone.

Do u have different number??

opxa
United Kingdom

Post by opxa » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:48 am

Nora, you are not going to resolve this by phone, so don't waste you time calling. First, write them an informal letter today, describe your situation and post it to them. I would post it to all their addresses and include a copy of your UK marriage certificate. Don't even mention and don't include your islamic marriage paperwork so that it doesn't confuse them. This looks like a simple mistake, perhaps they will reconsider. If not, then start doing more formal things, like Pre-Action Protocol Letter, Solvit, appeal, new application, etc. If they suspected yours to be a marriage of convenience, they'd have invited you for an interview, but they didn't. This whole thing looks like a mistake on their part.

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:19 am

PutiniEEA wrote:Hi Nora

Hi PutiniEEA

Yes my husband called this number 0300 123 2253. My husband explained Home office on the phone that we were rejected by questionnaire and that my husband would know the reason. Home office asked if his marriage is not recognized in the Uk. My husband said we were married in the UK. Home office told my husband to complain because it must have been a mistake

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:26 am

opxa wrote:Nora, you are not going to resolve this by phone, so don't waste you time calling. First, write them an informal letter today, describe your situation and post it to them. I would post it to all their addresses and include a copy of your UK marriage certificate. Don't even mention and don't include your islamic marriage paperwork so that it doesn't confuse them. This looks like a simple mistake, perhaps they will reconsider. If not, then start doing more formal things, like Pre-Action Protocol Letter, Solvit, appeal, new application, etc. If they suspected yours to be a marriage of convenience, they'd have invited you for an interview, but they didn't. This whole thing looks like a mistake on their part.
Hi opxa

I agree with you if they suspected ours marriage , they'd to invite us for an interview. Home office have returned all documents except two documents; one from my employer confirming that I am employed and one from the family of my husband who also confirms that we live there and that they are responsible for the financial part as rent and other bills since they are the owners of the house. I find it strange that they have not submitted these 2 documents because it is important in the case. But I will write a letter today Home Office, and im going to tell them that I will appeal and and I found it strange that they give us refused. Thank you so much

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:37 am

nora_804 wrote:
opxa wrote:Nora, you are not going to resolve this by phone, so don't waste you time calling. First, write them an informal letter today, describe your situation and post it to them. I would post it to all their addresses and include a copy of your UK marriage certificate. Don't even mention and don't include your islamic marriage paperwork so that it doesn't confuse them. This looks like a simple mistake, perhaps they will reconsider. If not, then start doing more formal things, like Pre-Action Protocol Letter, Solvit, appeal, new application, etc. If they suspected yours to be a marriage of convenience, they'd have invited you for an interview, but they didn't. This whole thing looks like a mistake on their part.
Hi opxa

I agree with you if they suspected ours marriage , they'd to invite us for an interview. Home office have returned all documents except two documents; one from my employer confirming that I am employed and one from the family of my husband who also confirms that we live there and that they are responsible for the financial part as rent and other bills since they are the owners of the house. I find it strange that they have not submitted these 2 documents because it is important in the case. But I will write a letter today Home Office, and im going to tell them that I will appeal and and I found it strange that they give us refused. Thank you so much
Nora: I do hope that this will be resolved soon for you. It should.

What I also think is confusing for any case worker, is the fact that your husband appears to be eligible to a EEA permit from two sides: you as his wife; and his family, the owners of the house, as his extended family.

I think what confused them is the fact you have made clear that his family is financially responsible for some things, thus implying that the application is being made on the strength of is his relationship to them not to you. This should not really be necessary as you have applied as a married couple and sending marriage certificate, but if this case passed from one hand to another at the HO I can see how someone along the line thought they were dealing with an Extended Family Member application, not a married couple, they did not see proof of your husband' relationship with his family (again, not necessary as you were not applying that route), and concluded you had not submitted any evidence.

Stupid, but I can see that happening.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

nora_804

Post by nora_804 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:59 am

kamoe wrote:
nora_804 wrote:
Hi opxa

Nora: I do hope that this will be resolved soon for you. It should.

What I also think is confusing for any case worker, is the fact that your husband appears to be eligible to a EEA permit from two sides: you as his wife; and his family, the owners of the house, as his extended family.

I think what confused them is the fact you have made clear that his family is financially responsible for some things, thus implying that the application is being made on the strength of is his relationship to them not to you. This should not really be necessary as you have applied as a married couple and sending marriage certificate, but if this case passed from one hand to another at the HO I can see how someone along the line thought they were dealing with an Extended Family Member application, not a married couple, they did not see proof of your husband' relationship with his family (again, not necessary as you were not applying that route), and concluded you had not submitted any evidence.

Stupid, but I can see that happening.

yes, they must have been confused somehow. It must have been a mistake and we must fix the error. I must admit it is a bit our fault too that things have gone that way. But they give us Rejection is just too hard decision. They should have invited us for an interview to investigate more and to understand our cause better. They choce the easiest way for them, just refused us :lol:

mmalinconia

Post by mmalinconia » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:58 pm

I hope you will resolve it soon, Nora. Just this time make it very clear that you are married in UK (forget Islamic marriage and don't send any videos from that!).
And that you have common finances (bank account) and bills on your name as a proof of address. No other letters (GYM membership etc) does not serve as a proof of address. And don't send too much info (messages etc).

mmalinconia

Post by mmalinconia » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Any news from May?

TIMELINE FOR MAY APPLICANTS

Ablat- App 05/05- COA received NA - RC Pending - Letter received stating RC will arrive in 10 working days
mktemi75 – App 07/05 – COA received 08/06 – RC Pending
bashyboy144 – App 08/05 – COA received 26/05 – RC Pending
dafelare – App 20/15 – COA received 10/06 – RC Pending
mmalinconia - App 27/05 – COA received 06/06 – RC Pending
mark121 – App Sent 19/05 – COA received 26/06 – RC Pending
vjtran - App 04/05 - COA received 21/05 - RC Pending
aloo - App 05/05 - COA received 02/06 - RC Pending, end of August - call to EU spouse workplace
mbxah8iraqi - App 01/5 - COA -05/6/15 RC Pending
Drshak1483 - App 18/05 - COA - 6/06 - RC Pending
Vensai - App 11/05 - COA - 12/06 - RC Pending
billu2016 - App 20/05/2015 - COA - 22/06/2015 - RC Pending
Fabflower - App 8/05 - COA 23/06 - RC Pending
Darksin - App 28/05 - COA - ? RC Pending
10z - App 06/05 - COA-31/07 - RC Pending
Kubus - App 18/05 - COA received 11/06 - RC pending

timezone
Newly Registered

Post by timezone » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:01 pm

HI, Have u received ur brp?

PutiniEEA

Post by PutiniEEA » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:56 pm

nora_804 wrote:
PutiniEEA wrote:Hi Nora

Hi PutiniEEA

Yes my husband called this number 0300 123 2253. My husband explained Home office on the phone that we were rejected by questionnaire and that my husband would know the reason. Home office asked if his marriage is not recognized in the Uk. My husband said we were married in the UK. Home office told my husband to complain because it must have been a mistake

Nora : I spoke to HO ppl twice

1 said wait 1 more week , other took my details and told me wait for 4 working days??

Any one face like this situation.