ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ask EU Solvit for eu1 refusal?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Ask EU Solvit for eu1 refusal?

Post by robsters » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:33 pm

So my wife was refused her 5yr GNIB card we left 3 weeks before decision date to enter uk on family permit, we figured just grant 5yr card as far as i knew temp stamp 4 in ireland is due to the backlog, they refused as they rang my job and land lady both these people said we left and went to the uk, surely my wife is entitled to the 5yr GNIB card regardless if we left or not as we lived and worked in ireland whole time we were there! if we were in another EU country they would issue 5yr card after 3 months? can anyone suggest any advise on this, we plan to remain in the uk anyway and applying for the residence card here but it seems unfair my wife gets refused her 5yr card just because they rang my manager and landlady, advise please, should i contact the eu solvit and complain

adedayoh

Re: Ask EU Solvit for eu1 refusal?

Post by adedayoh » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:57 pm

You can but am sure you already know the answer you will get.
I do understand your frustration that u have been a worker long enough. But I think the reason they started ringing employers was because they found out ppl were leaving.

Honestly it's not worth the stress since you are already in the UK. Gather your documents and apply for your wife in the UK.

The whole point of ur move is to get back home which you have.

Good luck

mgb

Re: Ask EU Solvit for eu1 refusal?

Post by mgb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:17 pm

It makes no sense to complain.
Due to article 11 section 1 of the directive the guest country can limit the validity of the card to the period the EEA citizen is planing to stay in the guest country.