ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Annex F and Appendix FM difference

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kamandagcom
Newly Registered

Annex F and Appendix FM difference

Post by kamandagcom » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:59 am

Can someone please differentiate the two guidance notes (Annex F and Appendix FM on UKVI's website.

I am planning to bring my son to UK who I have a sole custody with Court Order. I am on ILR (5yr on Tier2). With too many guidance notes on UKVI's website I am now getting things mixed up.

Could someone please help me the difference between Annex F and Appendix FM.

Thanks.

vinny

Re: Annex F and Appendix FM difference

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:44 am

Which Annex F are you referring to? Can you give a link?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kamandagcom
Newly Registered

Post by kamandagcom » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:05 am

Many thanks for your prompt reply Vinny.

I was looking for the Adequate Maintenance Requirement for Dependent of a Settled Person. I quickly skimmed through Appendix FM, then ended up with another guidance notes, Part 8: Annex F which is also about Adequate Maintenance and Accommodation but with different type of applicants, which I did not notice initially.

After reading thoroughly both documents. It's now clear that:

Part 8 Annex F: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nnex_F.pdf

A requirement for adequate maintenance has to be met by the following categories of applicant under Part 8 of the Immigration Rules:
Child of a settled person(s)
 Paragraph 297 – Indefinite Leave to Enter
 Paragraph 298 – Indefinite Leave to Remain
 Paragraph 298A – Limited Leave to Remain

Appendix FM Section 1.7A
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... x_1_7A.pdf

[i]Child whose parent is applying for entry clearance or leave to remain, or who has leave to remain, as a partner (on a 5-year route to settlement), and where the parent’s partner is in receipt of a specified benefit:[/i]

Saying that, Part 8 Annex F is the guidance note applicable to my case.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:37 am

Yes. I believe that A280(b), 297 may be applicable. Also include evidence of Sole responsibility.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kamandagcom
Newly Registered

Income of both Sponsor and Spouse: Adequate Maintenance

Post by kamandagcom » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:36 am

Please send me a thread link if this has been queried before.

Im on ILR planning to apply ILE for my son from previous relationship which I have Court Order as Sole Custodian.

I am now married to a british citizen who we both share housing costs and receive Child Benefit for our british daughter.

As I was reading the "Adequate Maintenance and Accommodation" (Part 8: Annex F) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... nnex_F.pdf

It says: **5.3 Housing cost:
b) At least one personal bank statement to show the rent/mortgage payment leaving the account of the sponsor, their partner or the couple jointly.

However on income sources (4), no bullet point mentions about income of a spouse/partner who is not the sponsor of the applicant. I am not too sure if I can put my wife's income as we share home expenses.

I have been up for all night so I am not too sure if I am missing anything here. Please could anyone share their experience or understanding and reference notes.

Thanks