ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benifit affecting ILR for Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cus1
Newly Registered

Child Benifit affecting ILR for Spouse

Post by cus1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi
I am Indian Citizen. Got ILR in last June 15.
Applied for Child benifit and entitled that also in my name

Now I am trying to apply for my wife and child also for dependent ILR. They are still on PBS dependent visa.
Will the child benefit affect dependent ILR for wife and child? Is it essential to cancel it before applying child benefit.

Your quick help will be greatly appreciated

LR2015

Re: Child Benifit affecting ILR for Spouse

Post by LR2015 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:32 am

cus1 wrote:Hi

Now I am trying to apply for my wife and child also for dependent ILR. They are still on PBS dependent visa.
Will the child benefit affect dependent ILR for wife and child? Is it essential to cancel it before applying child benefit.

If you are on ILR you are entitled to claim what you qualify for. It will not affect your wife or child's visas.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:22 pm

LR2015 wrote:

If you are on ILR you are entitled to claim what you qualify for. It will not affect your wife or child's visas.
Interesting:

I am on ILR since June 2015, one of my child is a UK born and we have applied for a british citizenship for her, another child and wife has lodged a FLRM application. I had a same confusion, however when i spoke to the Home Office representatives @ 03001232253, 03001232241 they gave me a complete different answer... they said that i shouldnt claim the CHild benefits for the children who are under immigration control... When i asked that it is my right as a parent, they said "I wouldnt have this right without a kid (who is in immigration control)...

From this forum, it seems like it should be ok to claim them but i obviously dont want my child to get in some sort of trouble while extending his visa or while getting an ILR (He wil be on a 5) year route..

Can you guide me to the immigration rules that support and clarifies these please ??

LR2015

Post by LR2015 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:39 pm

immee wrote:
LR2015 wrote:

Interesting:

I am on ILR since June 2015, one of my child is a UK born and we have applied for a british citizenship for her, another child and wife has lodged a FLRM application. I had a same confusion, however when i spoke to the Home Office representatives @ 03001232253, 03001232241 they gave me a complete different answer... they said that i shouldnt claim the CHild benefits for the children who are under immigration control... When i asked that it is my right as a parent, they said "I wouldnt have this right without a kid (who is in immigration control)...

From this forum, it seems like it should be ok to claim them but i obviously dont want my child to get in some sort of trouble while extending his visa or while getting an ILR (He wil be on a 5) year route..

Can you guide me to the immigration rules that support and clarifies these please ??

This is very strange answer from HO.
I know many people personally who have claimed child benefits after getting ILR. You are entitled to claim child benefits.

immee
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by immee » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:08 pm

Is there any solicitor here ? If there is one, Can you please provide me with your contact details as i want a clarification on this matter..

cus1
Newly Registered

Post by cus1 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:16 am

Hi,
I went direct PEO appointment with case stated above.
Applied Set (M) for my wife and Child for dependent ILR.
I clearly mentioned, I as ILR partner get child benifit since month I was granted ILR.
UKBA analysed the application and application was cleared. Waiting for BRP card now.
Hope this helps