ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP collection nightmare

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

winteriscoming
Newly Registered

BRP collection nightmare

Post by winteriscoming » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:04 pm

I arrived in the UK as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant with my 30 day vignette valid from 28 Aug.
I was scheduled to collect my Overseas BRP from the Post Office. Till date, the BRP has not arrived at the designated Post Office and my vignette has also now expired.

I am not able to schedule any business or personal travel outside the UK, and am not able to provide my BRP as proof of right to work to my employer.

I have written emails to the BRP Collection team and have received a standard template reply, informing that the production has been delayed due to a technical issue and that they cannot assist me any further.

This is highly unexpected and if UKVI cannot efficiently roll out BRP's, the new system makes no sense and they should stick with having the full length visa stamped on the passport. What is worse is their replies, where no expected timeline on the resolution of the issue is provided.

Any suggestions who I should escalate this to, or even extract information on the status ?

vinny

Re: BRP collection nightmare

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:56 pm

It also makes no sense to put a 30 days time limit on them. Especially when they make errors. It should have been at least 3 months, in line with TA and concessions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:17 pm

winteriscoming wrote:I arrived in the UK as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant with my 30 day vignette valid from 28 Aug.
I was scheduled to collect my Overseas BRP from the Post Office. Till date, the BRP has not arrived at the designated Post Office and my vignette has also now expired.

I am not able to schedule any business or personal travel outside the UK, and am not able to provide my BRP as proof of right to work to my employer.

I have written emails to the BRP Collection team and have received a standard template reply, informing that the production has been delayed due to a technical issue and that they cannot assist me any further.

This is highly unexpected and if UKVI cannot efficiently roll out BRP's, the new system makes no sense and they should stick with having the full length visa stamped on the passport. What is worse is their replies, where no expected timeline on the resolution of the issue is provided.

Any suggestions who I should escalate this to, or even extract information on the status ?
Hi,

Can you please tell me what happened finally? When did you get your BRP and were you able to work before that?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:22 pm

Its pointless reviving old threads and asking inactive members who have not posted for months;
9 months in this case!

If you have a question suggest open a topic and ask your question.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:25 pm

noajthan wrote:Its pointless reviving old threads and asking inactive members who have not posted for months;
9 months in this case!

If you have a question suggest open a topic and ask your question.
Hi noajthan,
You probably won't understand the stress I'm going through because I'm in the same situation as the OP. I have started a new thread and didn't receive many replies. I'm trying to find out what happened to others in the past who were in my situation.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:31 pm

I've had my own nightmare with HO, (over 8 unremitting months of lawyers, sleepless nights, despair, appeal) so I probably do actually..

But people no longer active on the board won't help you.
And any outcome will not necessarily apply to you.

Members are generally responsive if they know about the topic in question;
few replies suggests people don't know.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.