ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse Visa 'financial requirements' advise needed, please!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

josephbenali
Newly Registered

spouse Visa 'financial requirements' advise needed, please!!

Post by josephbenali » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:04 am

Hi all, first post...

I am from the UK and have married a Moroccan national and now want my wife to come to the UK so we can live together. I have started organizing the different aspects required for the UK spouse Visa, however my employment circumstance have just changed and I would like some advise on where I stand now please.

Ok so I have been employed for the past 3 years earning £40k a year, I finished with the company last week and now have begun looking for new employment, there is an opportunity to be my own boss being self employed,

so my question is:

A - Can I be a sponsor being un-employed? with the financial requirements being met just via proof of my last 12 months salaried employment, taxed wages, payslips, contract ect?

B - If i start working non salary (self employed) can I be a sponsor? meeting the financial requirements via my past 12 months salaried employment, taxed wages, payslips, contract ect?

I hope i have made scene in my questions and look forward to hearing any responses

thanks Joe

josephbenali
Newly Registered

Re: spouse Visa 'financial requirements' advise needed, plea

Post by josephbenali » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Anyone?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:54 pm

You can be unemployed if you have savings of over £62,500 and have held that much in an accessible account for six months at least.

Or, you can apply as self employed, but you'll need to wait 12 months to be able to show accounts.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

josephbenali
Newly Registered

Post by josephbenali » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:59 pm

thank you for the response wanderer,

so if I obtain a salary job i will meet the requirements based on the contract and money I am going to earn for the next 12 months?

or is it I have a salary job and so can use the previous 12 months earnings to meet the requirements?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:45 pm

josephbenali wrote:thank you for the response wanderer,

so if I obtain a salary job i will meet the requirements based on the contract and money I am going to earn for the next 12 months?

or is it I have a salary job and so can use the previous 12 months earnings to meet the requirements?
If salaried, it's basically £1550 or more for six months, if self employed, you need to have accounts and you can only do that after 12 months.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:59 pm

josephbenali wrote:thank you for the response wanderer,

Both. Because your job will change you have to apply under Category B which means showing last 12 months slips and having a current job making over 1550 per month. If you didn't change job then you would only have to show last 6 months slips and bank statements.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

josephbenali
Newly Registered

Post by josephbenali » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:36 pm

thank you sharoorh, I read Category B several times again and see why both statements i made apply.

If say I took a non salary job (which is really what i want to do, to be my own boss and get the rewards for my hard work) would the only way for me to meet the requirements be to wait 6 months so i can show my accounts?

or is it possible to use my previous 12 months £40k salary employment earnings and combine it with having a non salary job?

shakoorh

Post by shakoorh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:23 pm

josephbenali wrote:thank you sharoorh, I read Category B several times again and see why both statements i made apply.

If say I took a non salary job (which is really what i want to do, to be my own boss and get the rewards for my hard work) would the only way for me to meet the requirements be to wait 6 months so i can show my accounts?

or is it possible to use my previous 12 months £40k salary employment earnings and combine it with having a non salary job?
Not sure about that. It would probably be safer to wait 6 months.
Timeline:

App Mirpur (Biometrics): 29-05-15
App received Islamabad: 2-6-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (Application Processed): 18-08-15
Email ISLAMVisaInfo (IHS Refund/Refusal): 19-08-15
RFC: 19-08-15

josephbenali
Newly Registered

Post by josephbenali » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:36 pm

waiting another 9 months and being without my wife is just not an option.

Anyone else know if it is possible to meet the requirements this way?

josephbenali
Newly Registered

meeting Financial Requirements four a spouse visa?

Post by josephbenali » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:45 pm

Does anyone know if I will meet the requirements by:

My previous jobs (which I finished last week) past three years £40k salary employment earnings
But
with a non salary job? (which i want to take)