ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan UK Spouse visa appeals

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ia_2015
Newly Registered

Re: PAKISTAN UK SPOUSE VISA APPEALS

Post by ia_2015 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:49 am

Salam brother

Thanks for your kind words

In my opinion if you don't hear in the 9/10week into deadline then it will go to court
I have not received a date as of yet just found out on Thurs that it is up for court

Another sisters deadline was 6th October she has received court date 8th Feb and today received back court bundle from embassy...don't worry I will update once I have more info to share

The number to call is 0300 123 1711 its free to call from mob & landline...press option 4 and they will ask for appeal reference and some other basic questions and just ask if there has been a reply or update from embassy

All the best[/quote]

Hi stillwaiting123

Thanks for your reply and the contact number for the UKBA.

I called them and they said they have no further updates.

Inshallah it shoudn't be too long now.

Take care

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:56 pm

I received my appeal notice on the 25th September and my review date is on 9th January 2016 so I assume I will get a decision hopefully in the first week of November. But I am hoping my MP's letter gets accepted this week Inshallah so I want have to wait for it
pplied : 13/05/15
Refused : 6/8/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

powdra
Newly Registered

Post by powdra » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:22 am

Hi,
I am currently in a similar situation and would like to ask your opinion on it. I will briefly describe my position and then ask a question.

I am the Ukrainian spouse of the UK citizen, we got married in London in June this year after having known each other for 4 years and being in relationship for 2. We then applied for a family settlement visa and have received the refusal with the right to appeal. My husband meets all financial and accommodation requirements.

The following were listed in the refusal letter as missing supporting documents:
- Appendix 2 VAF4A (we just missed it as it was a separate form)
- No evidence of sponsor's immigration status (we did not send a copy of my husband's passport)
- No evidence that our relationship is genuine and durable and we intend to live together in the UK (my previous Marriage Visitor visa was issued on the grounds of our relationship so we assumed it will not be required this time)
- no evidence of sponsor's previous marriage being dissolved (Decree Absolute was submitted to general registry office and marriage was registered in the UK, we did not think it would be required again)
- fail to provide some specified documents about sponsor's employment such as bank statements, letter from employer, P60 (again, my two previous visas were granted based on his income and employment, so we only submitted 6 months payslips, however he is in a full time employment earning above the required minimum)
- no evidence of accommodation (he owns the apartment which he does not share with anyone and it has been used as commendation when I successfully applied for my previous visas, we submitted annual Council Tax bill only this time).
I understand that the list of missing evidences seems too long and it is our fault. I therefore have one question: would you recommend to appeal and provide all the missing evidences (which we have) or to reapply paying 1k fee again? What are our chances and which route is the quickest?
Thank you.

ia_2015
Newly Registered

Post by ia_2015 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:08 am

powdra wrote:Hi,
I am currently in a similar situation and would like to ask your opinion on it. I will briefly describe my position and then ask a question.

I am the Ukrainian spouse of the UK citizen, we got married in London in June this year after having known each other for 4 years and being in relationship for 2. We then applied for a family settlement visa and have received the refusal with the right to appeal. My husband meets all financial and accommodation requirements.

The following were listed in the refusal letter as missing supporting documents:
- Appendix 2 VAF4A (we just missed it as it was a separate form)
- No evidence of sponsor's immigration status (we did not send a copy of my husband's passport)
- No evidence that our relationship is genuine and durable and we intend to live together in the UK (my previous Marriage Visitor visa was issued on the grounds of our relationship so we assumed it will not be required this time)
- no evidence of sponsor's previous marriage being dissolved (Decree Absolute was submitted to general registry office and marriage was registered in the UK, we did not think it would be required again)
- fail to provide some specified documents about sponsor's employment such as bank statements, letter from employer, P60 (again, my two previous visas were granted based on his income and employment, so we only submitted 6 months payslips, however he is in a full time employment earning above the required minimum)
- no evidence of accommodation (he owns the apartment which he does not share with anyone and it has been used as commendation when I successfully applied for my previous visas, we submitted annual Council Tax bill only this time).
I understand that the list of missing evidences seems too long and it is our fault. I therefore have one question: would you recommend to appeal and provide all the missing evidences (which we have) or to reapply paying 1k fee again? What are our chances and which route is the quickest?
Thank you.
Hi

Sorry to hear that they refused you. From what I understand, an appeal is based upon the documents submitted at the time of appeal. Because you missed all of the above, it would be best if you reapplied - it would be quicker and your chances of success will be better.

However, a word of warning.

The biggest issue I had was proving I was party to a genuine and subsisting relationship. You will need to provide overwhelming evidence to prove this is the case - this can be photographs, texts, visits etc etc.

The reason why I say this is because whilst the other documents are either meet or don't meet the requirements, providing evidence of a relationship can be difficult.

You want to be in a position where there is no doubt you are in a genuine relationship. Therefore, I would focus heavily on this and ensure there is more than enough evidence of this.

Hope that helps...

IA

powdra
Newly Registered

Post by powdra » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:32 am

Thank you a lot for your help.

Brom

Post by Brom » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Salam everyone

I have collected my documents and unfortunately once again they have refused my application which I assume they will keep refusing God knows till how long as I have been living there for 9 years and came back on 2013 and started preparing to apply for a spouse visa thro Pakistan but I keep facing the harsh decision makers since first day of my app in 2004 in uk until now. Now I have refused on the basis of work again as they don't believe we actually make that money although to them they should only see of the tax is being paid or not nd if the business is actually running or not it shouldn't be their business on a smal or big business run their business and employees the m.....f had time to even google map the work place like he gets a trophy from the queen wow stopped the 9/11 incident. I am well pissed of now
1st application refused in jan 12/11/2014
2nd online application 14/04/15
2nd application submitted islamabad 22/04/15
Delayed email - 27/08/2015
Processed on update email 18/09/15
Official processed email - 28/09/15
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Brom wrote:Salam everyone

I have collected my documents and unfortunately once again they have refused my application which I assume they will keep refusing God knows till how long as I have been living there for 9 years and came back on 2013 and started preparing to apply for a spouse visa thro Pakistan but I keep facing the harsh decision makers since first day of my app in 2004 in uk until now. Now I have refused on the basis of work again as they don't believe we actually make that money although to them they should only see of the tax is being paid or not nd if the business is actually running or not it shouldn't be their business on a smal or big business run their business and employees the m.....f had time to even google map the work place like he gets a trophy from the queen wow stopped the 9/11 incident. I am well pissed of now
Salam bro

Hope u r OK, I know how u r feeling as we have also been refused 2 times
All we can do is pray and be extremely patient inshallah it will work out for the best

What r u considering to do now??
1st App:10.06.14-Refused 21.11.14
2nd App:04.02.15-Refused 22.04.15

Appealed:19.05.15-Review Deadline:27.10.15
Court Date:02.09.16

3rd App:
Bio:29.04.16 (priority)
HO enquiry:16.05.16
Processed:17.05.16
Call:20.05.16
Collected:23.05.16
Alhamdulilah

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Salam Every one,

It makes my eyes tear when ever I see a member adding to this thread in the group cause I can understand he/she must be going through the same pain as I am going through with many others.

The thing is that UKVI doesn't really have to face any consequences for refusing any ones visa application. The only hope is from Almighty Allah and that's all and also I wish and I pray that the justice system of this country will work for us and hammer UKVI for some kind of penalty.

@stillwaiting123 I am really sorry to hear that your cases is not get resolved at the review stage but still all of my heartiest prayers are with you for your success in your appeal please kindly keep us updated on the forum with your appeal date and off course do share your success with us in the forum after your appeal. Insha Allah you'll be fine.

@Raymondsor brother I am praying for your case success and also silently following your case as well with your MPS getting involved in it. I would love to see the outcome of your case.

For my self I've very less hope to hear any thing back during the review time period regarding my case as it constitutes a lot of complex situations I am only hoping that Insha Allah it'll get resolved in the appeal.

Please keep us updated on the forum with the result of your spouse visa appeals/applications.

Remember me in your prayers and I'll also remember everyone in my every single prayers for their success.

Good luck to everyone.
1st Visa Application 20 12 2013
1st Visa Refusal 05 06 2014
2nd Visa Application 20 March 2015
2nd Visa Refusal 04 06 2015
Appealed 26 06 2015
Review Deadline 11th November 2015
By the Grace of Almighty Allah Appeal Allowed On 08th July 2016

Brom

Post by Brom » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:
Brom wrote:Salam everyone

Salam bro

Hope u r OK, I know how u r feeling as we have also been refused 2 times
All we can do is pray and be extremely patient inshallah it will work out for the best

What r u considering to do now??
I am going to appeal it insha Allah sis
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:37 pm

Brom wrote:
Inshallah all the best do keep us updated

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

kaka786
Newly Registered

Post by kaka786 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:18 pm

My wife's spouse visa application was refused on 29/09/2015 no Key English Results found on Cambridge English website.

Test taken by my wife was Cambridge English: Key (also known as Key English Test) at Grafton College in Islamabad on 10/12/2014.
Result: B1

Visa timeline:

Date applied: 29/06/2015

Application processed email:21/09/2015

Refusla letter received from Islamabad VAC:29/09/2015

Reason for refusal: Verification checks undertaken by this office regarding your submitted Cambridge English Language Certificate (KET) have been unsuccessful, the Cambridge website not having a record of your certificate being issued.

It appears that Grafton College in Islamabad have failed to take the necessary steps in order to make my wife's Key English Test (KET) results available on the UKVI site.

I have an official letter outlining this from the Cambridge English help desk in London.

Cambridge English Language Assessment who are part of Cambridge University have now confirm this in writing. How very bizarre?

What do I do now appeal or not to appeal?
Do I submit a new application?

Please advise

Regards

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:23 pm

kaka786 wrote:My wife's spouse visa application was refused on 29/09/2015 no Key English Results found on Cambridge English website.

Test taken by my wife was Cambridge English: Key (also known as Key English Test) at Grafton College in Islamabad on 10/12/2014.

Visa timeline:

Reason for refusal: Verification checks undertaken by this office regarding your submitted Cambridge English Language Certificate (KET) have been unsuccessful, the Cambridge website not having a record of your certificate being issued.

It appears that Grafton College in Islamabad have failed to take the necessary steps in order to make my wife's Key English Test (KET) results available on the UKVI site.

I have an official letter outlining this from the Cambridge English help desk in London.

Cambridge English Language Assessment who are part of Cambridge University have now confirm this in writing. How very bizarre?

Please advise

Regards
I'd say appealing would b cheaper only £140 and if this is only issue u will 100% win review but it can take...from appeal to visa 3/4months

New application £996 + anything extra and 3 months plus they could pik out a new mistake or delay your application

so I'd say appeal.....

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

Brom

Post by Brom » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:52 am

stillwaiting123 wrote:
Brom wrote:
Still waiting 123

Sis do you know how long it takes for a review (is it thro they say 60 days) and any way of making it quicker (like a fast track service or it should be oral or paper based please advice me on what to do sis Coz I am in the middle of no where nd my head don't work.would appreciate your help
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

Raymandosnr
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Raymandosnr » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:27 am

kaka786 wrote:My wife's spouse visa application was refused on 29/09/2015 no Key English Results found on Cambridge English website.

Visa timeline:

Please advise

Regards
Maybe the following will help you as you are not the first person to experience this situation

Visa Type: Cat A spouse visa
Applied : 13/05/15
Application Location: Islamabad
Refusal Reason: Cambridge English KET could not be found online
Appealed:18.08.15
Payment Taken:19.08.15
Further information sent: 24.05.15
Appeal Evidence:
3x letters from Cambridge English and Grafton College confirming certificate authenticity and proof exam was taken
Confirmation of Entry
Certificate
Statement of Results
Test day photo with results on a Cambridge English statment sheet
A visual guide put together by me on how to view results online with annotations and full references

I also contacted my MP two week again and I'm awaiting my reply inshallah should be soon

Inshallah May Allah make my appeal and everybody else's successful
pplied : 13/05/15
Appeal Submitted : 18/08/15
MP Letter Sent: 20/10/15
Appeal review deadline: 09/01/16
Phone Call Received, Call In Letter Sent: 3/11/15
Call In Letter Submitted: 9/11/15
Call to Collect: 3/12/15
Visa granted: 4/12/15

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:50 am

Brom wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:
Brom wrote:
Still waiting 123

Sis do you know how long it takes for a review (is it thro they say 60 days) and any way of making it quicker (like a fast track service or it should be oral or paper based please advice me on what to do sis Coz I am in the middle of no where nd my head don't work.would appreciate your help
Firstly there is no fast track service for Pakistani applicants

Appeal takes quite long, once appeal is lodged it can take 4/6 weeks to receive a review deadline this is 15weeks in which Eco has to review the paperwork with new evidence and if successful them u normally get decision overturned in the 6-9 weeks of review, if unsuccessful then it goes to court and it can take 4/6 months until your court date...

Oral hearing is best as u can have your say in court

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

Brom

Post by Brom » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:17 pm

A very long process then ehhhhhhhhh argh
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

Brom

Post by Brom » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:20 pm

You know what appeal is the only hope for us now Coz as many fresh claims we it ain't gonna make a difference the outcome would be no (refused) Coz they ll keep raising new silly reason to refuse hence I would say court is the only way so let's just hope that Allah (j) gives us patience and grant our prayers ameen
RFC- 30/09/15 refused

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Brom wrote:You know what appeal is the only hope for us now Coz as many fresh claims we it ain't gonna make a difference the outcome would be no (refused) Coz they ll keep raising new silly reason to refuse hence I would say court is the only way so let's just hope that Allah (j) gives us patience and grant our prayers ameen
Don't worry inshallah we will all get through this together

See my timeline for a rough estimate

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

Enn.Kayy
Newly Registered

Post by Enn.Kayy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:20 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:
Brom wrote:You know what appeal is the only hope for us now Coz as many fresh claims we it ain't gonna make a difference the outcome would be no (refused) Coz they ll keep raising new silly reason to refuse hence I would say court is the only way so let's just hope that Allah (j) gives us patience and grant our prayers ameen
Don't worry inshallah we will all get through this together

See my timeline for a rough estimate

@stillwaiting123
If you dont mind me asking what was the reason for your refusal 2nd time?

powdra
Newly Registered

Post by powdra » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:27 am

Hi again,
Can someone tell me whether I will be able to withdraw my appeal if the decision isn't overturned after missing evidences are submitted and the court hearing is scheduled instead?

khani

Post by khani » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:11 pm

I think you should be careful when showing your income from Self employment, your income should reflected in your Business bank account over the whole year, It should not be like you pay money into account at the end of year and pay taxes, you should run your account for whole year, showing business activity is going there. Your accountant should have told you this. Goodluck

rosie.x

Post by rosie.x » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:01 pm

HI GUYS.

My husbands visa has been refused due to the english language results not being available online to the UKVI which is a known issue with Grafton college Islamabad.

We have sent this to review and also appeal. (Hopefully wont have to go to appeal)

Documents i have put forward include;

- Letter from Grafton college to confirm exam has been taken
- Copy of page UKVI should have been able to see (sent to me by grafton college)
- Letter from Cambridge college stating exam results are visable online and exam was taken.
- Confirmation of entry of exam
- Scan of original exam certificate.
-Provided online USER ID and PASSWORD.

My local MP has also contacted home office.

Is there anything else i could include?
And has any one in a similar situation had any response yet?
OR does anyone know how long it will take going forward??.

...SIGHHHHHHHH....
Documents submitted at ISB: 23/06/15
Visa refused: 18/09/15
Review & appeal submitted: 25/09/15
Payment taken: 09/10/15
Review deadline date: 15/02/16

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:03 pm

rosie.x wrote:HI GUYS.

My husbands visa has been refused due to the english language results not being available online to the UKVI which is a known issue with Grafton college Islamabad.

We have sent this to review and also appeal. (Hopefully wont have to go to appeal)

- Copy of page UKVI should have been able to see (sent to me by grafton college)
- Letter from Cambridge college stating exam results are visable online and exam was taken.

...SIGHHHHHHHH....
Sorry to hear this! They seem to be making a habit of this kind of refusal... U should get your review deadline in about 4/5 weeks and if review is successful u will know 7/8 weeks into deadline....long wait but inshallah it will be successful

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah

rosie.x

Post by rosie.x » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:10 pm

stillwaiting123 wrote:

...SIGHHHHHHHH....
Sorry to hear this! They seem to be making a habit of this kind of refusal... U should get your review deadline in about 4/5 weeks and if review is successful u will know 7/8 weeks into deadline....long wait but inshallah it will be successful

Yeah it is so frustrating. Why didn't the ECO the idiot contact the college or something.
I Hope it isn't going to be too much longer of a wait.

Hopefully you will have your visa soon too!
You have been waiting quite a while.

Inshallah khayr.
Documents submitted at ISB: 23/06/15
Visa refused: 18/09/15
Review & appeal submitted: 25/09/15
Payment taken: 09/10/15
Review deadline date: 15/02/16

stillwaiting123
Diamond Member

Post by stillwaiting123 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:13 pm

rosie.x wrote:
stillwaiting123 wrote:

...SIGHHHHHHHH....

Yeah it is so frustrating. Why didn't the ECO the idiot contact the college or something.
I Hope it isn't going to be too much longer of a wait.

Hopefully you will have your visa soon too!
You have been waiting quite a while.

Inshallah khayr.

Inshallah don't worry sis and yeah 2 ¹\² years....

3rd App:
Alhamdulilah