ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Postal Application & UK born child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anumkh

ILR Postal Application & UK born child

Post by anumkh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Dear Forum members ,

I have decided to go for Postal application for my ILR application with my husband. My son was born in uk and he is on PBS dependent visa & his visa going to be expire with us. my question is if I am not include his name with us for ILR and once we will get our ILR , does he is still able to registered as British citizen ?? or he will be consider as a overstayer at that time ? I am really confuse right now because in form MN1 they are asking visa issue & expirey date under the biometric section. Your help in this regard would be appreciated .

anumkh

Re: ILR Postal Application & UK born child

Post by anumkh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:05 am

Any suggestion please?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:56 am

you do not need to include him in the ilr application. once you have ilr, you can apply for his MN1 reg.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:01 am

He may be an overstayer. However, if he is under 10 years old, then he should be entitled to register immediately after a parent is granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

anumkh

Post by anumkh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:30 am

Thanks "iworker".

Dear " vinny" Thank you , he is 3 years old at the moment. i am not going to include his name ( just to save £1500) and hopefully he will be able to register as a British citizen once we will get our ILR. Is that right ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:50 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

anumkh

Post by anumkh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:51 am

That's Great , Thanks again " vinny".

anumkh

Post by anumkh » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:27 am

Hello Every ,

I have applied my ILR application with my husband and after 4 months I have received a letter from Home Office today and they are asking why I didn't apply my Son ILR with me ? Please read my previous conversation regards with this and reply. A quick brief:

Son was born in UK and I have applied his extension with me back in 2013 due to traveling . At the time of ILR I just skip his application because he is born in UK and he is eligible to register as a British Citizen providing my ILR application successful. Home Office needs a reason " why I has not applied for ILR for his Son , in line with myself and my husband"?

Can this cause a problem for me ? Does it effect my ILR application? Really worried. any suggestions please ?

anumkh

Post by anumkh » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:09 pm

Dear Forum Members,

Any suggestion regarding my above mentioned query as I have to reply back to HO. Thanks is Advance.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:36 pm

Will it not make sense to just reply them mentioning that you did not include your kid in the ILR application as he doesn't need to travel immediately and he can be registered using MN1 form after your ILR is approved. This is straight forward in my opinion.

anumkh

Post by anumkh » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:02 pm

f317633 wrote:Will it not make sense to just reply them mentioning that you did not include your kid in the ILR application as he doesn't need to travel immediately and he can be registered using MN1 form after your ILR is approved. This is straight forward in my opinion.
Dear "f317633" Thank You for your reply. That's what I was thinking but I am bit worried because this is not common practice from HO to ask applicants that why they didn't include their children's in their application. Do you think it effects my application? Thank You in advance and Kind Regards.

f317633

Post by f317633 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:04 pm

They should not have asked about omitting your child from ILR application. But it depends on case worker. So just reply to them. I don't think it will have any adverse effect on ur application. U r not doing anything wrong. So just be honest and tell them. All the best.

anumkh

Post by anumkh » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:11 pm

f317633 wrote:They should not have asked about omitting your child from ILR application. But it depends on case worker. So just reply to them. I don't think it will have any adverse effect on ur application. U r not doing anything wrong. So just be honest and tell them. All the best.
Thank You "f317633". Hope for the Best.

imran1234
Newly Registered

Post by imran1234 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:42 am

Dear anumkh,

How did your application got through? i have been asked same question and have sent same reply as my two children are born in the UK. Could you please update and how long it took after you sent them that information? Thanks

imran1234
Newly Registered

Post by imran1234 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:03 am

anumkh wrote:
f317633 wrote:They should not have asked about omitting your child from ILR application. But it depends on case worker. So just reply to them. I don't think it will have any adverse effect on ur application. U r not doing anything wrong. So just be honest and tell them. All the best.
Thank You "f317633". Hope for the Best.

Dear anumkh,

How did your application got through? i have been asked same question and have sent same reply as my two children are born in the UK. Could you please update and how long it took after you sent them that information? Thanks

parwaz
Newly Registered

Post by parwaz » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:25 pm

imran1234 wrote:Dear anumkh,

Dear Imran1234 and Anumkh,

I applied for ILR with my dependent in Feb and got an email today that why I have not included my UK born children in the ILR application. For our older child (still less than 3 years old) we had applied for a Tier 1 dependent visa after our extension application was approved because we had to our son out of the UK for holidays. We were planning to apply for his MN1 as soon as our ILR got approved. Our visas including our older child's visa expired in Feb. I don't know how to word my response and will greatly appreciate if you can share the wordings you used in your response to the case worker.

Kind regards,
Parwaz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:37 pm

parwaz wrote:
imran1234 wrote:Dear anumkh,

Dear Imran1234 and Anumkh,

I applied for ILR with my dependent in Feb and got an email today that why I have not included my UK born children in the ILR application. For our older child (still less than 3 years old) we had applied for a Tier 1 dependent visa after our extension application was approved because we had to our son out of the UK for holidays. We were planning to apply for his MN1 as soon as our ILR got approved. Our visas including our older child's visa expired in Feb. I don't know how to word my response and will greatly appreciate if you can share the wordings you used in your response to the case worker.

Kind regards,
Parwaz
All you have to write is :
I am aware that I have not applied for my child, name/surname. As name/surname is UK born, I intend to register him/her as British citizen under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act, which is an entitlement to register, once my ILR has been granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

parwaz
Newly Registered

Post by parwaz » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Thanks CR001 for such a prompt response!

Many thanks,
Parwaz