ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Andisha

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by Andisha » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:23 pm

pari9990 wrote:
Andisha wrote:
pari9990 wrote:Hi everyone
My husband received a call today from the visa office and he has got a phone interview on Tuesday. was wondering if anyone has been through this phone interview process please let me know. What sort of questions they ask and whether they received their visas or not.
Hi Pari,

Being interviewed is not so common but when people are interviewed most question relate to how you two meet the financial requirements, whethere your relationship is genuine etc. Make sure he knows exactly where you work and how much you earn. He needs to know about everything you guys submitted as evidence.
Good luck with the interview plz let me know what questions they ask him :)
Thanks will definitely let you know.
Hi Pari9990,

What happened with your hubby's interview? How did it go??

X

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:37 am

Hi
So he had an interview on Tuesday. They asked about how we met, wedding date and how much I earn. My hobbies my address etc. But at the end of the interview they asked my husband if we grant you the visa will you do little jobs or hard work. He said he will make a proper national insurance card and will pay into the country and will work hard like my wife. so after they asked him this question hopefully its a yes but its still stressful until we receive the passport. They said we will receive it by Monday or Tuesday. Please if anyone can post comments most welcome. Best of luck to all.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:12 am

I think it will be good news Pari.
I will be VERY surprised.. and its a big "VERY" if they reject it.

Good luck and i will wait for the good news.
It will be 20 working days next week since i applied for my spouse back in Delhi and being patient about it. So worried and nervous
Do post your full timeline
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:21 pm

Thanks Pari!

Wishing you all the best :) when did you apply again?

HarryC our biometrics was 2nd of Sept so very close to yours! Please keep me updated and I'll do the same :)

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Andisha wrote:Thanks Pari!

Wishing you all the best :) when did you apply again?

HarryC our biometrics was 2nd of Sept so very close to yours! Please keep me updated and I'll do the same :)
Definitely Andisha
Good luck to us.. They quote 31-40 working days. So hoping I will hear something after 26th Oct. Lets hope for positive
I got married on 2nd sept :) and applied a week after
you should hear something after 12th Oct. Did you asked for an update from UKVI?
harry
Settlement visa

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:43 pm

@HarryC congratulations!

I got married last year December, hoping I'm gonna celebrate my anniversary with him.

I've got a solicitor so she gets the updates, I'm thinking of asking her for the login so I can check myself. My case is slightly more complicated since my husband was here before so it might takw longer than usual. Super nervous!

Hopefully we all get positive outcomes :)

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:50 pm

Andisha wrote:@HarryC congratulations!

I got married last year December, hoping I'm gonna celebrate my anniversary with him.

I've got a solicitor so she gets the updates, I'm thinking of asking her for the login so I can check myself. My case is slightly more complicated since my husband was here before so it might takw longer than usual. Super nervous!

Hopefully we all get positive outcomes :)
Ahh i see.
fingers crossed. and hoping you get what you want
I presume you applied from Delhi?
I didnt use solicitor but i am on ILR and got divorced this year but got married after my decree absolute. Hope its not complicated matter...so nervous
harry
Settlement visa

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi everyone
My husband received this email today. We applied on the 30th July . Really stressed what will be the outcome.

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for them to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:30 pm

HarryC we both have complications! My husband was here before illegally and got deported so let's see what happens. We applied from Delhi yes.

Pari, omg I'm nervouse for you!! Your husband did well in the interview so let's hope for the best. My prayers are with you hun :)

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:34 pm

[quote="Andisha"]HarryC we both have complications! My husband was here before illegally and got deported so let's see what happens. We applied from Delhi yes.

Pari, omg I'm nervouse for you!! Your husband did well in the interview so let's hope for the best. My prayers are with you hun :)[/quote

Thanks hun my husband over stayed as well bit didnt got depoted. So we came in april together got married in India nd applied on 30th july. Really nervous what will happen. We wont get it moro as its national holiday dont know about Saturday's. Hope its a yes

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:53 pm

pari9990 wrote:
Andisha wrote:HarryC we both have complications! My husband was here before illegally and got deported so let's see what happens. We applied from Delhi yes.

Pari, omg I'm nervouse for you!! Your husband did well in the interview so let's hope for the best. My prayers are with you hun :)[/quote

Thanks hun my husband over stayed as well bit didnt got depoted. So we came in april together got married in India nd applied on 30th july. Really nervous what will happen. We wont get it moro as its national holiday dont know about Saturday's. Hope its a yes
I really wouldnt worry
If they wanted to reject it, they would had rejected it straight away.
Fact is, they didnt even question about his previous immigration history in the interview tells me they are satisfied.
I think it will be a good news for you.
Good luck
harry
Settlement visa

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:01 pm

HarryC did Pari have any immigration history??

Pari: any news yet?

Armanalmas

Post by Armanalmas » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:35 am

Hi every one.
I got a guestiom which not really relevant to this thread, but I will appreciate any help.
I will be applying for my wife spouse visa next month . today my employer made a mistake he transferred my wages to my account he has used his own name as a reference not the business name like he has used his business name in the last five months.
His name is also written on the payslips next to his business
Will this have any effect will the visa officer think why is the last five months wages transfered on business name into my bank account and this month is not. It's on his name.
Shall we transfer it again or leave as its because we can't change the name. Plz help.
Thanks.

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:41 pm

The visa was refused guys on the basis that we didn't have genuine relationship. Whereas nothing much was asked in the interview I was in india for nearly 2 months we visited different places together did gave them the proof. We had marriage certificate wedding photos and previous photos attached utility bills etc. I gave calling cards they said it doesn't proof that you use to call him as well as watsapp chat which I copy pasted but you cant get a professional printout of wats app can you. They need more proof of our relationship. I am so pissed on interview they didn't asked him anything. We talk on Skype who will call india directly withou call cards its bloody expensive. We talk for atleat 4 hours a day after my work its not possible for me to call india directly. I knew they would object on this ground because all other requirements were met. Cant wait to see my other half in Christmas holidays probably will go to india. I applied for my mums visa so she could come and stay with me I feel so depressed she has been to uk before so hopefully she will get the visa. Any suggestions most welcome whats the next step. Thanks

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:56 pm

Aww Pari I am so sorry to hear that :(

Did you give them photos of your wedding ceremony showing you guys with family etc?
I couldn't make direct calls too because it's too expensive. What sre you planning to do now? Appeal?

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:57 pm

pari9990 wrote:The visa was refused guys on the basis that we didn't have genuine relationship. Whereas nothing much was asked in the interview I was in india for nearly 2 months we visited different places together did gave them the proof. We had marriage certificate wedding photos and previous photos attached utility bills etc. I gave calling cards they said it doesn't proof that you use to call him as well as watsapp chat which I copy pasted but you cant get a professional printout of wats app can you. They need more proof of our relationship. I am so pissed on interview they didn't asked him anything. We talk on Skype who will call india directly withou call cards its bloody expensive. We talk for atleat 4 hours a day after my work its not possible for me to call india directly. I knew they would object on this ground because all other requirements were met. Cant wait to see my other half in Christmas holidays probably will go to india. I applied for my mums visa so she could come and stay with me I feel so depressed she has been to uk before so hopefully she will get the visa. Any suggestions most welcome whats the next step. Thanks
I am absolutely gobsmacked that after submitting calling card proof, and wedding photos and marriage certificate, whatsapp they still declined it.
This is so unfair and i dont understand what anyone else can do?
harry
Settlement visa

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Andisha wrote:Aww Pari I am so sorry to hear that :(

Did you give them photos of your wedding ceremony showing you guys with family etc?
I couldn't make direct calls too because it's too expensive. What sre you planning to do now? Appeal?
Oh yes every thing I submitted I evrn have a solicitor who prepared the file for me. He is back from india this week will jsvr to go and see him.i will probably appeal as I think its not fair.

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:22 pm

pari9990 wrote:

Oh yes every thing I submitted I evrn have a solicitor who prepared the file for me. He is back from india this week will jsvr to go and see him.i will probably appeal as I think its not fair.
Damn! I didn't have any calling history too...quite similar to yours. Now I'm worried :(

Appeals takes forever...have you considered the ss route by any chance?

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:20 am

Andisha wrote:
pari9990 wrote:

Damn! I didn't have any calling history too...quite similar to yours. Now I'm worried :(

Appeals takes forever...have you considered the ss route by any chance?
What is ss route

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:49 am

The Surinder Singh route. Basically, you move to a European country to exercise your treaty rights. You can apply for your husband to join you without any income/job requirements. You have to be a British Citizen.
Google it. I will be doing that if God forbid my husband's visa is rejected

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:03 am

pari9990 wrote:The visa was refused guys on the basis that we didn't have genuine relationship. Whereas nothing much was asked in the interview I was in india for nearly 2 months we visited different places together did gave them the proof. We had marriage certificate wedding photos and previous photos attached utility bills etc. I gave calling cards they said it doesn't proof that you use to call him as well as watsapp chat which I copy pasted but you cant get a professional printout of wats app can you. They need more proof of our relationship. I am so pissed on interview they didn't asked him anything. We talk on Skype who will call india directly withou call cards its bloody expensive. We talk for atleat 4 hours a day after my work its not possible for me to call india directly. I knew they would object on this ground because all other requirements were met. Cant wait to see my other half in Christmas holidays probably will go to india. I applied for my mums visa so she could come and stay with me I feel so depressed she has been to uk before so hopefully she will get the visa. Any suggestions most welcome whats the next step. Thanks
Pari, did you get an itemised calling card history from you calling card provider? i know in the past they rejected the application if you just submitted the calling cards because it doesnt prove that you used the calling cards to make a call to india.
I submitted whatsapp screenshots over 400 pages, and same did for viber calls, facetime, skype, and chats... i didnt export anything to excel as screenshot is more genuine.
if you do decide to appeal, make sure you do screenshots as they look more genuine
harry
Settlement visa

divya.jssingh
Newly Registered

Post by divya.jssingh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:28 am

Hi Harry,

Did you check the status of your application?

I have checked the status though email for mine and it says yet to be assessed.
Its quite disappointing as its been 25 days and the processing has yet not started.

Thanks,
Divya

Andisha

Post by Andisha » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:56 pm

Divya, I don't know why you are panicking. 25 days is nothing, they have given us a set time and you should only worry when it has passed like 60 working days.

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:52 pm

I am very sorry to hear about this Pari. I know what it feels, as I am already undergoing the same pain. We are the victims of home office's bad decision on genuine cases.

I referred the documents guide https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf and filled my application. Page 3 of this document shows:

Information about your sponsor in the UK
If you are completing Appendix 2 then you will need to demonstrate that you meet the ‘Financial Requirement’.
You need to read the Immigration Rules at Appendix FM-SE to see which documents you are required to submit.
If you do not need to meet the ‘Financial Requirement’ then you may wish to provide some of the following documents to
help to show your sponsors circumstances in the UK.

This is clear that, if we don't meet financial evidence in appendix 2, then we need to provide additional evidence about the sponsor, such as:

 birth certificate or adoption certificate
 marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate
 death or divorce certificate
 photographs of your wedding, civil partnership ceremony or other time spent
together
 phone records
 emails, letters or cards

Also in the immigration rules (FM SE) that suggests the family member specified evidence is talking only about the marriage or civil partnership certificate (page 24), and other financial requirements certificate. It doesn't say anything about evidences such as photographs, emails, chat/call history etc. The document is available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _FM_SE.pdf

Does that mean, home office is rejecting more cases on the grounds of evidences which are not explicitly mentioned in their guidance. Also, note that VFS is checking the application and cross checks the document, and they are happy before posting it to the home office.

The decison making authority is the first secretary of state, and is headed by George Osborne MP (http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/co ... borne/1458). Shall we all write to him about this? Any thoughts?
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:57 pm

divya.jssingh wrote:Hi Harry,

Did you check the status of your application?

I have checked the status though email for mine and it says yet to be assessed.
Its quite disappointing as its been 25 days and the processing has yet not started.

Thanks,
Divya
Hi Divya,

From my own experience, the statistics published in gov.uk website is not the accurate one. The accurate one is the one pubished in VFS website every week (http://vfsglobal.co.uk/india/, scroll down to see How we are performing against our quality and timeline standards – read more)

At the moment the waiting time are close to 40 days, and nothing will happen till that time. They update the above link on every friday evening. You can request for escalation/expedite after certain days (I don't know how many days, may be some experienced member can advice on this). Mostly this request will be rejected, and you will receive the standard reply from home office that, it will take upto 60 working days to process.
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected