ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Oz

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TRV

Moving to Oz

Post by TRV » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:03 pm

I have been offered a job in Perth and the employer is ready to sponsor me and my family the required visas. The position is permanent, relocation assistance etc provided.

I am not familiar with Oz visa types. What type of visa will I get, will my wife allowed to work as she will be on a dependant spouse visa? Am I allowed to change employer? How hard is it to change the employer? What happens to my wife's work if I change?

What do I need to do if I wanted to apply for a PR in Oz? Is that something that the employer applies or can I apply on my own? I am an engineer studied in India. Do I need to validate my engineering qualification from India and get it approved by Oz authorities to apply for this PR, or it doesn't matter as long as I am legally working in Oz?

What is house prices/rents are like in Perth? What tax will I be paying if I earn 100K a year?

Perhaps there might be some webpage which will have all these info, can any of you point me to that.

Thanks

simmy13
Newly Registered

Post by simmy13 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:49 pm

hi TRV, heres a link to the dept. immigration Australia site
http://www.immi.gov.au/
sounds like you have abit of reading ahead of you. all the information you are looking for should be available on that site. good luck :)