ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ayeesha29
Newly Registered
Finland

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Ayeesha29 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi there, just an update on my application. I received my COA today with right to work dated 30th September 2015. :D

tati*

Post by tati* » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Congratulations! good news )

When did you submit your biometrics?
Ayeesha29 wrote:Hi there, just an update on my application. I received my COA today with right to work dated 30th September 2015. :D

soul101
Newly Registered

Post by soul101 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:34 pm

hello
everyone received a refusal today , my lawyer just forward the refusal document to me ,
am not really happy with my lawyer

with right of appeal , pls advice , should l put in a new application or go for the appeal , and just tired right now of the wait and don't want another one year of appeal ,
will send the reason of refusal shortly

thanks

10z

Post by 10z » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:36 pm

hi guys,
i got questionaries,i need to fill and send it to HO.
anybody got RC after questionaries,
please please share ur experience about questionaries,
thanks

soul101
Newly Registered

Post by soul101 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:40 pm

10z wrote:hi guys,
thanks
yes l did , got refusal ,
make sure u send it a week before the deadline , HO lie l send it late which i send it the a date befor the date indicated in the letter ,

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:12 pm

thanks
Can you please provide a bit of background on your case? Will help to understand why you recvd questionnare.

Vensai

Post by Vensai » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:13 pm

soul101 wrote:
thanks
make sure u send it a week before the deadline , HO lie l send it late which i send it the a date befor the date indicated in the letter ,
Is that the reason for resusal - Sending the questionnare late?

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:19 pm

soul101 wrote:hello
everyone received a refusal today , my lawyer just forward the refusal document to me ,

with right of appeal , pls advice , should l put in a new application or go for the appeal , and just tired right now of the wait and don't want another one year of appeal ,

thanks
It is better if you make a new application instead of going for appeal and long wait :) seems like the reason for refusal is not that valid reason..
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

soul101
Newly Registered

Post by soul101 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:27 pm

Vensai wrote:
soul101 wrote:
please please share ur experience about questionnaires,
thanks
make sure u send it a week before the deadline , HO lie l send it late which i send it the a date before the date indicated in the letter ,
Is that the reason for refusal - Sending the questionnaire late?
Nooo , but it was one of it , pieces of advice look at the date the letter was written not the date they indicated on the letter that is you deadline , because l was following the deadline of 28 of September that was indicated in the letter with the questionnaire
and other reason , they called my husband place of work they got voice mail , and they said my husband not excising treaty right and they said we don't have enough proof of our relationship , we send marriage certificate pics , bills bank statement etc , am really confused right now , dont know what to do , me and my husband are going to see my solicitor tomorrow

soul101
Newly Registered

Post by soul101 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:30 pm

kunfayakun wrote:

thanks
It is better if you make a new application instead of going for appeal and long wait :) seems like the reason for refusal is not that valid reason..
thank kunfayakun
am seeing my lawyer tomorrow, l am guessing he will say appeal ,

kunfayakun
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by kunfayakun » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Yeah they would probably suggest you to go for appeal because that's the way for them to ear some more :lol: just ask them why can't you make a new application?!
Stay blessed
Kunfayakun

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:58 pm

thanks
Well the option is open to make a new application and an appeal, just in case they decide to refuse the 2nd application for any reason, you will have a fall back position, and would not have wasted a huge amount of time.

Try and discuss you disputes with your solicitor.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ayeesha29
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Ayeesha29 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:11 pm

tati* wrote:Congratulations! good news )

When did you submit your biometrics?
Ayeesha29 wrote:Hi there, just an update on my application. I received my COA today with right to work dated 30th September 2015. :D
Thank you. Please see my timeline for details.

LaliVallejo
Newly Registered

Post by LaliVallejo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:28 pm

Hi all. I hope you're well.

Im colombian and my husband is Austrian. We got married the 21th ofAugust and sent the application for a EEA2 RC the 24th of August.

I made the big mistake of sending copies of our marriage certificate and the bank statements and payslips of my husband. Just copies, no originals.

Then I received a COA letter with date 02 september that states:
"at this stage we are unable to confirm your right to work in the UK. This will depend on the outcome of the application. This is because you have not provide original documentation for all oh the following:
*Evidence of relationship with your EEA national sponsor;
*Sufficient evidence of your sponsor exercising treaty rights.
We will not revisit the terms of your COA during the consideration of your case. This means we will not confirm your right to work until your application is decided. this include the period of time during which you exercise any rights to appeal should your application be refused and is irrespective of any documentation you may provide during the consideration stage"

In the same letter I received the indications for the biometrics and I sent them on September 07.

What should I do? I haven't heard from the HO since that letter. Should we send the original documents?
Anyone knows of a similar case?
PLEASE HELP!

Ayeesha29
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Ayeesha29 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:31 pm

tati* wrote:Nope, the guy on phone told me that giving him my Case Ref number wouldnt change anything as he didnt have any access to information about my case and he didnt suggest to leave any details except to send a complaint to HO about their EEA service.
Do you think it is worth calling them again and persist on checking my case? I can't believe they ignored my emails 3 times(P.S. i included all neccessary information , so they wouldnt delete them straight away. But it didnt work for me)

Nina Roche wrote: Did you get direct phone call back from HO (after 0300 people register your details and HO staff can call you back) ? They could take a look at your case and might respond to you directly, if they sympathize your situation.
Hi tati,

Am sorry to hear about the long wait. I read somewhere on this forum about emailing HO and requesting for COA. I applied the same principle and made it a duty to email once every week at 9AM until I received my COA. Please be informed that I made a joint application with my EU spouse, and also I had the right to work on my previous status. I understand that our situations differ but I would recommend you write them again and explain the financial challenges your facing because of your inability to work. Am hoping someone with a conscience will spot it and respond appropriately.

tati*

Post by tati* » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Yeah, that's why I asked you about submitting your biometrics.
Our cases are different though as I didnt have the right to work before. It might matter I guess.

Maybe I should email them at 9am tomorrow like you mentioned above.
Thanks Ayeesha for your opinion.
Ayeesha29 wrote:
Hi tati,

Am sorry to hear about the long wait. I read somewhere on this forum about emailing HO and requesting for COA. I applied the same principle and made it a duty to email once every week at 9AM until I received my COA. Please be informed that I made a joint application with my EU spouse, and also I had the right to work on my previous status. I understand that our situations differ but I would recommend you write them again and explain the financial challenges your facing because of your inability to work. Am hoping someone with a conscience will spot it and respond appropriately.

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:01 pm

tati* wrote:Nope, the guy on phone told me that giving him my Case Ref number wouldnt change anything as he didnt have any access to information about my case and he didnt suggest to leave any details except to send a complaint to HO about their EEA service.
Do you think it is worth calling them again and persist on checking my case? I can't believe they ignored my emails 3 times(P.S. i included all neccessary information , so they wouldnt delete them straight away. But it didnt work for me)
This is awful... I'm sorry you have to go through this.
It may be worth calling if you can connect with more kind person. When I had trouble (payment...etc.), I told them I need help... Some of them were sympathize with my situation and registered my details and got someone to call me back. And the one who called me back were from HO (as I confirmed), they were able to check in their online system after I gave my details about my application progress and told me only one payment or both payment went through. So if maybe you could manage to find someone who is kind enough to get you in touch with home office staff, to check your case progress.
But let's hope that your COA is already on its way, you will receive it very soon.

tati*

Post by tati* » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:06 am

Thank you Nina, I will try again to email and call them tomorrow.
Nina Roche wrote:
So if maybe you could manage to find someone who is kind enough to get you in touch with home office staff, to check your case progress.
But let's hope that your COA is already on its way, you will receive it very soon.

MariannaUK
Newly Registered

Post by MariannaUK » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:02 am

Hi Ayeesha29. We have quite similar experiences and I would like your help please! How did you manage to get a new biometrics enrolment letter with correct details? I got my surname misspelled on the biometrics letter last Saturday (October 3rd), sent an e-mail to EuroBiometrics@homeoffice etc. right away but no answer so far! No automatic response, nothing.

I'm a bit desperate as I need my COA to work as soon as possible! Also I read several posts in this website saying they will never reply to this e-mail and I'm just afraid my application will be stuck and I'll loose the 15 day period to enrol my biometrics and my application will be refused.

Please could you tell me how did you get your second biometrics letter so quickly?

I'm a Brazilian applying as a spouse of EEA national (German). I submitted my application on Sept 22th, got a letter for biometrics enrolment on October 3rd but with INCORRECT details. Please help! :(

opxa
United Kingdom

Post by opxa » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:20 am

MariannaUK wrote:
Hi Ayeesha29. We have quite similar experiences and I would like your help please! How did you manage to get a new biometrics enrolment letter with correct details? I got my surname misspelled on the biometrics letter last Saturday (October 3rd), sent an e-mail to EuroBiometrics@homeoffice etc. right away but no answer so far! No automatic response, nothing.

I'm a bit desperate as I need my COA to work as soon as possible! Also I read several posts in this website saying they will never reply to this e-mail and I'm just afraid my application will be stuck and I'll loose the 15 day period to enrol my biometrics and my application will be refused.

Please could you tell me how did you get your second biometrics letter so quickly?

I'm a Brazilian applying as a spouse of EEA national (German). I submitted my application on Sept 22th, got a letter for biometrics enrolment on October 3rd but with INCORRECT details. Please help! :(
Try going to the Post Office to give your biometrics, I think they are going to ask you if your details on the letter are correct, tell them they're not and see what happens. They might be able to correct it, or take your biometrics anyway and inform the Home Office, or tell you what to do.

Ayeesha29
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Ayeesha29 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:20 am

MariannaUK wrote:

Hi MariannaUK, I sent an email to the same address with my correct details written in caps and I didn't get a reply either. I called the helpline and the guy said it takes about 5 days to receive another one. To my surprise, I came home to find the correct Biometrics letter after three days.
P.S my subject line was "wrong details (Case ID).

Ayeesha29
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Ayeesha29 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:31 am

opxa wrote:
MariannaUK wrote:

Try going to the Post Office to give your biometrics, I think they are going to ask you if your details on the letter are correct, tell them they're not and see what happens. They might be able to correct it, or take your biometrics anyway and inform the Home Office, or tell you what to do.

I wouldn't recommend that line of action. The post office where I submitted my biometrics strongly advised applicants against proceeding if details were incorrect. I faced similar challenge and all I did was wait for the correct letter.

MariannaUK
Newly Registered

Post by MariannaUK » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:35 am

I went to the Post Office yesterday and they refused to process my biometrics. I don't if I should try another branch and just say the name is correct to see what happens? Do you think it could be a big problem to the application process down the line?

I'm just afraid they won't send another letter in 5 days since there was no reply or anything and I'll be loosing 10 days or so in this.

It's so annoying cause it's such a stupid misspelling - it is written OA instead of AO.

Thanks all

raf7

Post by raf7 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:45 am

Hello guys, this is the Link for people who got refusal and are appealing

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1249808

opxa
United Kingdom

Post by opxa » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:49 am

MariannaUK wrote:I went to the Post Office yesterday and they refused to process my biometrics. I don't if I should try another branch and just say the name is correct to see what happens? Do you think it could be a big problem to the application process down the line?

I'm just afraid they won't send another letter in 5 days since there was no reply or anything and I'll be loosing 10 days or so in this.

It's so annoying cause it's such a stupid misspelling - it is written OA instead of AO.

Thanks all
In that case, contact the Home Office in every way you can. Generally, I've found that government organisations still like paper too much, so I would always send them a letter on paper in addition to emails if it's about something important.