ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa for non-EEU

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elbet
Newly Registered

Spouse visa for non-EEU

Post by elbet » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Hi ..

I am non-EEU national with working visa - stamp4 living here since 5 yrs . I am getting married soon and my non-EEU husband is currently living in my home coutry and never been to Ireland.

I am seeking your advice on the easiest way to apply for spouse visa . Should I apply for it from the Irish Embassy in my home coutry or from here in Ireland ?
If any of you came across this experience , can you give me any insight and advice on how to make it trouble free issue .

I surfed the net and I guess , except the marriage certificate , I meet all spouse visa requirements ( financially , residency , ....) but I am sure the Irish authority has its own hidden requirement . A friend got his spouse visa after 2,5 months and other one got it in 6 months and can't see major difference between 2 of them .

Regarding the marriage certificate , I can not have it untill we get married and I won't be able to get married and leave my huby at home country and come back to Ireland waiting for the visa , any clue how to get out of this situation ? Do they accept engagement certificate ?

Any adice is appreciated .
Thank you in advance

microlab

Post by microlab » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:37 pm

I can not have it untill we get married
Thats the whole point.You have to prove that you are indeed married.

dayanajob
Newly Registered

Try for a visit visa for ur husb,after marriage

Post by dayanajob » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:10 pm

y dont u try for a visit visa ( or Tourist Visa ) for ur husband & come back together aftr marriage.

After tht whn the Spouse visa is approved change to Spouse visa.

Its only an idea...I dnt know the effects of tht...research on tht...

thnks..

microlab

Post by microlab » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:05 pm

Shame, there is no emoticons with that little man banging his head against the wall :wink:

Got it!

dayanajob
Newly Registered

?????

Post by dayanajob » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:40 am

wht is wrong wth visit visa....if u find any intrusion...can u explain tht...so tht others wil also get sme idea abt tht

archigabe

Re: Spouse visa for non-EEU

Post by archigabe » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:47 am

elbet wrote:Hi
I am seeking your advice on the easiest way to apply for spouse visa . Should I apply for it from the Irish Embassy in my home coutry or from here in Ireland ?
I surfed the net and I guess , except the marriage certificate , I meet all spouse visa requirements ( financially , residency , ....) but I am sure the Irish authority has its own hidden requirement . Do they accept engagement certificate ?

Any adice is appreciated .
Thank you in advance

He will have to apply for the 'Join Spouse Visa' at the embassy in his home country. There is no fiancee visa for Ireland. You will have to get married first and apply with the wedding certificate. You can take your chances with the visit visa, but it will be a long shot.

microlab

Post by microlab » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:01 am

y dont u try for a visit visa ( or Tourist Visa ) for ur husband & come back together aftr marriage.

After tht whn the Spouse visa is approved change to Spouse visa.

Its only an idea...I dnt know the effects of tht...research on tht...

thnks..
wht is wrong wth visit visa....if u find any intrusion...can u explain tht...so tht others wil also get sme idea abt tht
Nothing to do with visa.

What is the language that you type I wonder? :) :lol: