ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on visitor Visa for multiple visits

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rrao
Newly Registered

Query on visitor Visa for multiple visits

Post by rrao » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi All,

I am on tier 2 ICT visa and have completed my biometrics for extending visa for 2 more years.

I wanted to initiate standard visitor visa for family members to visit. They will apply for visa from India. They would like to visit in November and go back in January. They would then visit again in March and return to home country in June (My wife is pregnant with and expected due date in April)

I wanted to find out if a 6 months standard visitor visa is issued, can they go back and re-apply in January/february for a new visa when the previous visa is still valid ?

Also is it possible to obtain the visa for a 1 year period when they apply initially as they intend to travel again and return in June ?

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Query on visitor Visa for multiple visits

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:49 pm

They can't be seen to be spending more time in the UK within a rolling 12 month period than they are spending in their home country. Going by the dates you've posted, it would seem that they would exceed this, or at least be close to doing so, which would flag up a warning with the Immigration Officer at UK Border control.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rrao
Newly Registered

Re: Query on visitor Visa for multiple visits

Post by rrao » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:55 pm

They would spend less than 6 months in UK within a 12 month period.

Can experts please advise if its possible to apply for a new visa if previous visa is still valid or chances of rejection would be high ?