ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 shortage occupation list SOC 3416

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cesces
Newly Registered

Tier 2 shortage occupation list SOC 3416

Post by cesces » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Hello all,

My name is Cesar, I am originally from Brazil and I've been living in the UK for nearly two years working in a Animation and Design studio under the Tier 5 Creative and Sporting. (under the creative section).
As you know the Tier 5 just last for two years and I'm not able to renew under the same category so my employer is keen to switch me to the Tier 2 (he already got the sponsorship license and the allocation ready to go).
My plan is to apply under the shortage occupation list but I am a bit confused with the SOC codes.. in this link the SOC 3416 Arts officers, producers and directors works perfectly because the NQF is level 6.

Basically my doubt is about the job title.
In this Shortage Occupation list link there's the perfect title that is "2D supervisor" on the SOC 3416
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

And in this link the same SOC number apparently has different job titles on it.

What should I do? Which list should I follow?

Thank you all!
Cesar.

luckysunny

Re: Tier 2 shortage occupation list SOC 3416

Post by luckysunny » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:40 pm

You need to follow the one which best describe the role of your job.

The SOC codes may be the same, but the difference is, jobs on the shortage occupation list does NOT need to satisfy a resident labour test, while other jobs need to satisfy a resident labour test.

On the Shortage Occupation list, for SOC code 3416, ONLY the following occupations are eligible:

 the following jobs in visual effects and
2D/3D computer animation for the film,
television or video games sectors:
- 2D supervisor
- 3D supervisor
- computer graphics supervisor
- producer
- production manager
- technical director
- visual effects supervisor

*** This means, if the job that you will do does NOT fall under any of the titles above, you cannot apply under that soc code under the shortage occupation category. If you do see a title or job above which matches what you will be doing, then you can go ahead and use that SOC code on the Shortage occupation list.

*** Now, if the job that you will be doing is NOT on the shortage occupation list, you will need find it on this link:

If do you find a job on this link, a resident labour test has to be done. Also, do not follow the job titles on this link, you need to be following the description of the job on this link. Use a SOC code which has a decsription which matches what you will be doing. The titles in this link doesnt have to be the same as your job title, but the description should be the same. So find the one here that matches it the best if you didnt find your job on the shortage occupation list.

Also, if you select a SOC code on this list, remember to ensure that you use the correct rate: either the new entrant/ experienced rate. It's very important that you use the correct one.

cesces
Newly Registered

Post by cesces » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi Luckysunny!
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply my post :-)

I'm working in London in a Design/Animation studio as 2D animation director, so "2D Supervisor" suits me perfectly.
My Tier 5 will expire in March so I need to go back home to apply for the Tier 2 so I can continue working in the same studio.
My salary will continue the same, which is 35K. Do you think that's enough to get approved?

Also, as I'm switching visas to be able to continue working in the same company that might help the process somehow?

Just to make sure.. I will have to apply with the job title 2D Supervisor under the SOC code 3416 and I might be fine?

Thank you so much!!!
Cesar.

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:16 am

A salary of £35,000 is fine for a 2D Supervisor role under SOC code 3416.

I don't know what your job description will be, so to be honest, I can't out rightly say whether or not a 2D Supervisor under the SOC code 3416 is fine for you.

Your job description must match the job description for the SOC code 3416, if that is the soc code that will be used, and you must intend to work as a 2D Supervisor if that is role you are applying under.

I hope that helps.

cesces
Newly Registered

Post by cesces » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:15 am

Thank you very much, Luckysunny!!!!

:-)

luckysunny

Post by luckysunny » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:36 pm

You're welcome.

All the best.