ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for Naturalisation. Confused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Liopik
Newly Registered

Documents required for Naturalisation. Confused

Post by Liopik » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Hi.
I've booked an appointment with NCS and been told over the phone that I need to bring all the paperwork which prove my residence in the UK for the last 5 years. But do I need them? I will explain:
I'm an EEA national. Got my PR in September 2013. Obviously that time I had my residence proved. So, I'm wandering do I need to prove the same stuff again?! I asked the lady I was booking my appointment for NCS and she told that she never saw a EEA national who does not need to prove his residence for the last 5 years. In that case I booked my bank statements for the last 5 years, but that will be a huge pack of paperwork, and moreover, I simply don't have some of my tax returns 3-5 years back.
What's the requirements for proof of residence in case an EEA national holds his PR for more than 1 year?
Thank you.

sanjeevgopal
Newly Registered

Re: Documents required for Naturalisation. Confused

Post by sanjeevgopal » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Hi,

I came to UK in Nov 2009 in Tier 2 PBS ICT visa and got my ILR almost a year ago (3 more weeks to go!) and was looking to apply for British citizenship. i got few queries as below:

1) What are the mandatory required documents if i apply through NCS?
2) Do i need to complete 5 years + 1 year of ILR or am I eligible to apply after completing 1 year of ILR? Note: I applied for ILR after completing 4 years and 11 months here.
3) I have completed Life in the UK test for ILR and also received 20 points for language under PBS 6 years ago when i cam here, do i still need to do other english language tests?
4) My wife got married to me in 2013 and she has been living with me since, can she apply along with me? My son is born here and he possess a British passport.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:35 pm

@ sanjeevgopal please don't high jack another member's thread. You need to start you own.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Liopik
Newly Registered

Post by Liopik » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Please help me.
Which documents do I need to provide? I cannot fi d the list of documents they want. I've got many bills letters. Will that be enough? Plus bank statements.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Liopik wrote:Hi.
I've booked an appointment with NCS and been told over the phone that I need to bring all the paperwork which prove my residence in the UK for the last 5 years. But do I need them? I will explain:
I'm an EEA national. Got my PR in September 2013. Obviously that time I had my residence proved. So, I'm wandering do I need to prove the same stuff again?! I asked the lady I was booking my appointment for NCS and she told that she never saw a EEA national who does not need to prove his residence for the last 5 years. In that case I booked my bank statements for the last 5 years, but that will be a huge pack of paperwork, and moreover, I simply don't have some of my tax returns 3-5 years back.
What's the requirements for proof of residence in case an EEA national holds his PR for more than 1 year?
Thank you.
If you have a 'confirmation of PR' card that will help.

See HO guidance for naturalisation:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf
- ref Section 3, page 15+
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Liopik
Newly Registered

Post by Liopik » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:18 pm

noajthan wrote:
Liopik wrote:Hi.
Thank you.
If you have a 'confirmation of PR' card that will help.

See HO guidance for naturalisation:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf
- ref Section 3, page 15+
Thank you.
I'm still confused would I need prove that I exercised the Treaty Rights when I have a PR card? Guide doesnot specify this.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:47 pm

You don't need to prove your treaty rights if you have your confirmation of PR card as far as I understand. You've already proved that with the PR card, take this with. You do still have to prove that you weren't out of the country more than 90 days, that you were in the country 5 years ago the day your application is received, proof of English, LIUK test result etc.

Liopik
Newly Registered

Post by Liopik » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:54 pm

t123456789 wrote:You don't need to prove your treaty rights if you have your confirmation of PR card as far as I understand. You've already proved that with the PR card, take this with. You do still have to prove that you weren't out of the country more than 90 days, that you were in the country 5 years ago the day your application is received, proof of English, LIUK test result etc.
Thank you.
Fingers crossed. Will go tomorrow to NCS with alk my letters I've got. Let them choose whatever they like :)
Will come with update.

Liopik
Newly Registered

Post by Liopik » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Ok, I've done that.
I had to prove that I was excercising my treaty rights from the moment I got my PR till today. Only tax returns, NIN contributions and p60 accepted.
Now waiting for the invitation to ceremony hopefully :)