ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Break of Employment in continuous Tier 2 visas

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

advanceswine
Newly Registered

Break of Employment in continuous Tier 2 visas

Post by advanceswine » Sat May 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi,

I recently changed my employer due to redundancy. The new sponsor completed RLMT and issued CoS for me and I received my new BRP.

There was no break of visa according to the date of curtailment letter received from UKBA. However, the new application was made 65 days of end of previous employment.

I understand that a break of employment is disregarded, providing the migrant applies within 60 days of end of employment. Does that mean even if I have continuous stay under Tier 2 for 5 years, I won't be eligible for ILR in the future?

Could the continuous residence requirement change from now to the future when I actually need to apply for ILR?
Could it simply mean I only need to stay a bit longer in Tier 2 before I can apply for ILR such as 5 year + 65 days?
Do I have to find a another qualifying visa route in the future to make up for those previous days under first Tier 2 visa due to the break of employment?

advanceswine
Newly Registered

Re: Break of Employment in continuous Tier 2 visas

Post by advanceswine » Thu May 07, 2015 2:17 am

Hi guys,

Can anyone help to shape an understanding of this new rule on Tier 2 applicant for ILR?

What would happen in the future when applying for ILR if there was a break of employment of more than 60 days in the continuous lawful residence of 5 years with valid leaves?

Refused?
delayed eligibility for ILR i.e. staying 5 years + such break (e.g. 65 days)
considered a break of 5 years, recalculating from the second tier 2 visa and I would have to switch to another category to qualify because of the 6 year limit on Tier 2 General.

vicky21
Newly Registered

Post by vicky21 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Hello dear, were you able to clarify regarding what will happen if it is more than 60 days, I have same situation.

Many Thanks
Vicky

vicky21
Newly Registered

Post by vicky21 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:27 pm

Can anyone please confirm, if break of employment is more than 60 days on tier 2 general, is there a possibility to get ILR in that case , guys please do reply with your inputs.

Thanks a lot.

tier2hunter
Newly Registered

Post by tier2hunter » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:28 pm

I am also in the same boat, but still lot of time is for ILR and received the reply as below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 95367.html